BA – New GLA Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

BA319131
    Participant

BA have recently opened their new Terraces lounge, this in the area of the former bmi lounge, what a vast improvement over the old one!

Plenty of comfortable seats, a dining area, work area and even a Glenlivet Bar & Snug. Music gently plays in the background, it’s relaxed, lovely decor, lots of wood used in its makeup.

Whilst no T5 Terraces, it’s a great improvement and a welcome place to relax and or work before a flight.

Well done BA!

TominScotland
    Participant

Yes, I noted this in a recent review. IMHO, the only down side of the change is what they have done to the food offering. The range of fresh fruit on offer in the old lounge was a real highlight. This has been eliminated which is a pity.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

The BD lounge was always the more pleasant one and with the almost direct gate access it was a no brainer that BA would follow where BD had led.

TominScotland
    Participant

Except they don’t appear to be utilising the direct gate access option from the new facility

BA319131
    Participant

Henkel, BA don’t use the former bmi gates so no direct gate access, the old BA lounge had direct access to gate 19.

The comment about where BD led is a throwaway cheap shot, why bother?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Not at all, let’s face it, BA have got many good things from BD including that lounge and some fit for purpose C seats that are not seven years old and still being marketed as new.

colinleden
    Participant

It is indeed a very great pity that they are not using local gates. The access to G19 was one of the most useful things about the old lounge. Now have to walk some distance to get to the gates which is particularly irritating when the old BMI gates are staring you in the face!

Hamewilldayme
    Participant

Any plans for Edinburgh? A few times lately the lounge has been fit to burst and a fight to even get a seat.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hamewilldayme – 28/03/2013 12:57 GMT
    Any plans for Edinburgh? A few times lately the lounge has been fit to burst and a fight to even get a seat.

Hi Hame

I think BA are a bit screwed with EDI unless they move location altogether. As you know, as you look at the entry to the lounge, to the right is the exit and to the left is the Witherspoons/toilets, so I actually don’t think there is anywhere they could extend to.

Guess they had the chance during the fairly recent refurb of the airport itself, but for now I’d suggest that they are stuck with what they have. I suppose they could/should take over the old BMi lounge right enough…I’ve not been up that end of the airport recently, what has become of the Diamond Lounge at EDI?

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Hamewilldayme
    Participant

Hi! Yes your right I guess they don’t have any room to expand where they are now. The lounge is convenient for boarding gates 10 & 11. I haven’t been to the old BMI lounge area either so not sure what’s going on there. The new Glasgow lounge sounds nice though.

TominScotland
    Participant

I owe BA a grovelling apology – the fruit is back in the Glasgow Lounge!! Maybe it was my post that led to its return?

andystock
    Participant

The old lounge had a good view of the runway as it was on the corner at the end of the domestic pier.

canucklad
    Participant

Tom….
    Does a tin of Del Monte pineapple rings constitute fresh fruit in Glasgow ? :). After all I’m led to believe that you’re more likely to find a chicken singing a song in a foxes hut, than you are to find fresh fruit in Glasgow!
    Sorry, couldn’t help a bit of easter east west jibe 🙂

TominScotland
    Participant

Canucklad, tread carefully!! My abiding memory of Canadian cuisine is a Hot Turkey Sandwich at a lunch with the Mayor of Gander – innocent slabs of white bread drowned in thick gravy – urrerrgh!! For the record, the fruit is apples, bananas and oranges. The wee bowls of grapes, alas, are no more. Happy Easter!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls