BA moving Dubin and Belfast to T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

terminal
    Participant

I see that BA have announced that Dublin and Belfast will be leaving T1 for T5 for W14 – and this is on the reservations system.

Have they also announced what will be leaving T5 to make space for this?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

IslingtonFlyer
    Participant

Got mixed feelings about this. I love T5 for long-haul but I got to like the, now, quiet domestic area of T1, and the very quiet Domestic lounge, after the demise of BMI. Fly LHR-BHD around 8-10 times a year. Hope there will be room at T5 and not too many bus rides to remote stands? But I guess the move makes a lot of sense for connections.

neilsoaj
    Participant

I wonder if they will allow a decrease in connection times

FrDougal
    Participant

The Belfast flights are to use he current domestic gates for all arrivals (presumably the majority of departures) and gates 23/24 (I think I got that right anyways) are to be converted to allow Common Travel Area arrivals separating inbound passengers from other non CTA arrivals. Not sure how this works for baggage claim, if it just means you are directed straight into the international baggage hall or if they will annex belt 11 with its own arrivals channel.

So it all sounds to me like most Irish arrivals will benefit from jetty served stands. Here’s hoping anyways!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls