BA Mobile Boarding Pass

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

I have the BA app on my i Phone and works great except unlike LHR when I travel through LGW I am informed an electronic boarding pass is NOT available yet LGW is on the list on thheir web site. Any ideas ?

DoorsToManual
    Participant

I also have the BA app on my iPad and sadly when using the boarding card it does not fit under the scanners at the lounges or at the gates. Also, was in Manchester today and could ServisAir staff be any more miserable?

Potakas
    Participant

EDI,LHR,LGW,ATH,BCN worked for me.

The only that didn’t work were DXB and GND

Surreyson
    Participant

The app is not designed for iPads and BA were supposed to be inhibiting the ability to download it

NTarrant
    Participant

It works fine on Blackberrys, no problem at LHR, LGW or JER

continentalclub
    Participant

With reference to iPads, the issue is that the scanners installed by some airport authorities do not have a long enough arm to reach the centralised location of the barcode when it’s displayed using the iPhone App on an iPad screen.

The scanners were, of course, originally designed to read the bar code on a standard paper boarding pass, and the width of an iPhone (or similar device) is not greatly dissimilar.

To the OP’s question though, there shouldn’t in theory be any problem in using an m-boarding pass at Gatwick in general, though there are some routes (such as inbound from LUX) which do not allow it – thanks to restrictions at the Grand Duchy end of things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls