BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)

• batraveller2
    Participant

I am fed up with this forum. I have tried to come up with constructive comments regarding my experience on BA and yet indirectly get attacked that i am related to BASSA. Unless I am part of Vintage Krugs marketing compaign I get slated. I expected this to be deleted as I guess Tom Otley must be part of the campaign. It is a disgrace when I have given my honest opinions of my experience, both positive and bad – most so positive! And yet we never have the answer about who Vintage Krug is who upsets most people on this forum! vinatge krug is the only person who creates any real upset on this forum and very few believe him and so I must ask why he is allowed to stay unless he is paying BT. An honest answer will never be received as he is endlessly ignored who he is and so it is pointless writing honest reviews like me. I suggest VK is banned from this forum and we can have a proper debate (again will never happen as I suspect there are hidden agendas with BT). It is a joke!

batraveller2
    Participant

And yes VK i am I an accountant with a wife in the US who has nothing to do with BASSA.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I don’t believe I have ever commented on you or indeed anything you have posted exbatraveller. You have stated you are a business traveller, and you are entitled to post what you like. My comments were not aimed at you in any way, and indeed I would prefer if we discussed the issues at hand, and not the individuals making them.

Play the ball, not the player.

I have a feeling we have been invaded by the same poster with multiple identities, as well as others being encouraged to troll here from the BASSA forum (to which, for the avoidance of doubt, I do not have access) where I gather my posts have garnered some considerable comment.

Better simply not to respond to the trolls.

They have been proven to have made false and libellous statements on this thread.

They don’t have any credibility.

As single-issue poster(s) they don’t add much to the forum.

Can I suggest we just ignore them? Usually it’s the best policy.

Enjoy the personal attack on me which will no doubt follow this post:

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

You make a valid point exbatraveller when Krug is on his soap box. However when he strays away from his BASSA bashing fixation and back to what the BT forum is intended for, Krug undoubtedly provides the most informative, broad spectrum posts by far.

FYI I am semi-retired and now advise business leaders on soft-side integration following a M&A – based in UK with trips mainly to US.

batraveller2
    Participant

Ok – I apologise as I thought you were criticising my review where I was being honest but at the same time said a lot of positive things about BA. I am just an independent traveller who wants to support BA. Maybe I misread the thread.

pomerol
    Participant

VK

Very sound advice, you do not have to respond to them, they destroy their own case all by themselves.

MJPGeneva
    Participant

Presumably, discussing the issue extends to not accusing people of being trolls and to doing them the courtesy of treating each poster as a separate poster? I would further presume that discussing the issues rather than the poster making them extends both to not accusing VintageKrug of being Willie Walsh or CallMeIshmael of being cleaning staff? An observation. Furthermore, I would prefer to make up my own mind on who or what I ignore.

I note that I asked two questions and asked for feedback on a point raised earlier in the thread. No responses seem to be forthcoming.

As this thread seems to be woefully personal and virtiolic and questions are ignored, after my own little bout of vitriol (ooh, the hypocrisy), I think that’s it from me. Congratulations http://www.businesstraveller.com, you sure do know how to manage forums in such a way that people want to continue using them….with apologies for the lack of an appropriate smiley.

Happy New Year.

FrozenAssets
    Participant

Right on MJP back to flyertalk as it keeps to the forum threads, has useful information and you get a baggage tag too. If I wanted the political campaigning I would watch Palin, I don’t agree with her but with the sound off its not as irritating. Happy New Year.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Goodbye gentlemen and enjoy flyertalk.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I hear Elvis has made comeback as a BT poster. Get a life guys, the posts are more important than the poster.

If you indeed are Elvis, VK, give us a song!

batraveller2
    Participant

vk – can you let us know if there are two new standards of newclubworld. I note that you have avoided this answer as with others!

batraveller2
    Participant

i know from local people in the ba lounges that bt is losing its credibility. can i suggest a new editior is found

MartynSinclair
    Participant

ExBA Traveller – you musy have had one too many last night. Behave yourself, BT have nothing other than an excellent name and the editor is one of the most highly regarded travel magazine editors of any travel magazine.

The fact you are allowed onto this forum shows the lattitide given by the site administrator.

Have a great 2011

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

This is the more appropriate thread for this discussion… am of the view that recruits with 3-4 years life experience since leaving studies who are seeking a career are better suited to CC roles than those wanting an extended gap-year adventure job.

The implications are higher cost, however as a significant element of the role is around inflight issue management, not just waiting-on, a seasoned head with more mature interpersonal skills is evidently better and would require less management.

In addition a higher calibre of recruit is more likely to effectively handle the foibles and idiosyncracies of F pax.

One also needs to factor-in the higher turnover rate of the gap-year crew and associated initial recruitment and its infrastructure, training, kitting-out costs etc to establish a comparative cost of employment. Maternity leave will be a moot point.

NTarrant
    Participant

Indeed it is Tete, I don’t agree that someone who may have worked in any other job for 3-4 years is better than anyone else. It is down to the individual and their outlook on life. The transport industry as a whole recruits a mixed bunch of people. It is the selection process that should tease out those that are not suitable.

It is a bit unfair to say that “extended gap year” people are not as good as those that are not in that position. Again selection process and attitude to the job are more important than a string of qualifications which mean a person can pass exams.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls