BA Millionaire

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Cathay track lifetime miles too – over 1.5 million in my case. Not a dicky-bird in the way of acknowledgment, though… Ho-hum, I still like them!

VintageKrug
    Participant

esselle wrote “I cannot comment on VIP, but back in the early 90’s, I was informed by somebody I knew well then, and who was rather high up the BA chain, that there was a marker against certain pax who had acquired a reputation; ABCNS, standing for Always Bloody Complains, Never Satisfied.”

It will be interesting to see whether this is carried forward in code on the new iPads….

WearyWeagie
    Participant

[postquote quote=460717][/postquote]

Do they really track “difficult passengers”?
    With GDPR now we can get a copy of any and all personal data that an EU company holds for us. So you could request this data from BA and any internal comments about you as a passenger would have to be supplied. It would be quite interesting to see what, if any, personal comments BA have in their system for me.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

[postquote quote=978413][/postquote]

The comment you are quoting from this Forum’s most ‘illustrious’ member is from 8 years ago, so for sure you are correct, with GDPR, the situation has surely changed. It will be interesting to see if BA will still be tied to/have to comply with GDPR legislation after Brexit, but for sure while the UK is still in the EU you may request all data held on you and they must supply it.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=978449]It will be interesting to see if BA will still be tied to/have to comply with GDPR legislation after Brexit, but for sure while the UK is still in the EU you may request all data held on you and they must supply it.[/quote]

I have made several Data Subject Access Report (DSAR) requests. Whilst firms have up to 30 days to respond, they can extend this to 90 days, if the amount of data is considered ‘complex’. The issue I have found is the larger the company, the less chance they have a process in place to fulfil the request.

The theory is, you apply to the data comptroller of a company with a request and this needs to be confirmed and responded to within strict time frames. Out of the 20 odd requests I have made, not one has been completed on time, I have had a FTSE 100 company confirm in writing they wilfully withheld documents they thought were not relevant and I am currently dealing with a large bank, who offered a client £150 compensation for not completing the DSAR after 4 months. The ICO are meant to come down on these firms hard, but invariably, “we are too understaffed”.

I haven’t needed to make a request to BA, but it would be interesting to find out how they respond.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

Hi Martyn, I agree with you, the rules are very onurous and the fines can be very steep, in theory, but havent heard any examples of any heavy fines being applied yet. I have asked for info held on me from a large hotel chain, and was surprised there I received the info rather quickly as they have a special email address to write to and I guess a separate department just handling GDPR requests, so was handled well in my opinion, but that has been my only experience. I agree it would be interesting to see how BA handles such a request.

WearyWeagie
    Participant

Thanks MartynSinclair! I have now submitted the request to BA. Lets see how it goes. I’ll let you know.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls