BA Miles + Tier Points for Flights not Flown

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• AlexSW1
    Participant

I agree with some of the other posters, this is a policy I have never really understood. Aren’t they really crediting us for being paying customers? And if that’s the case, where we don’t fly on a ticket that is non-refundable/exchangeable etc etc, why not just give us the points? After all, that seat has likely been filled with someone else’s bum so the airline has in fact been paid twice for the same seat.

kevin0820
    Participant

Just to let you know, three years ago I had a round trip Baku, JFK, Baku and only used one way, the fare was non refundable so I lost all but sent a message with proof of unused ticket and BA did credit my account with the exact number of FF miles of the unused segment, so it is possible, they never gave me any trouble, just next I know the miles were credited, Kevin

IanFromHKG
    Participant

The thing that really bugs me is not being credited with miles when I upgrade using points. We are based in Hong Kong with family in England, so we save our points during the year, buy return economy tickets HKG-LHR-HKG and upgrade to business using points. Time and again BA decline to give us the (CX Marco Polo) points we deserve for the economy flight saying “it’s a redemption ticket” – well, the upgrade is, but the underlying economy ticket isn’t. We have also (just once) had this same issue with Cathay. We have always won the argument but it takes time and hassle, and it is really annoying…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls