BA miles redemption site…….your experiences

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• degreecy
    Participant

Sorry but I didn’t say the ba.com site was dreadful, I said the redemption functionality part of the site was dreadful, which I’m afraid in this day and age it is.

They should simplify the interface, make it user friendly and ensure it is reliable.

e.g.
    * quite often it forgets between one click and another, which passengers you have selected for a redemption
    * if you want to change your requirements mid-way through the process, you have to start again, and input all data again.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of BA and I think their website generally is good, but I have been using the redemption functionality for years now and it always frustrates me – and it has not changed or developed.

excessbaggage
    Participant

Vintage Krug – you say you had minimal disruption, yet when i try clicking on your link above, i can’t even get to the redemptions section of the site (let alone start the process of finding award flights), as the following error message appears:

“Unfortunately our systems are not responding so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.”

Surely this is inexcusable?

continentalclub
    Participant

The redemption functionality has changed enormously in the last couple of years degreecy – and it’s those changes that seem to cause most of the problems.

The niggling re-setting of search parameters occurs on all the BA tools, but I really would recommend use of the original tool – as I noted above – reached by clicking the ‘Make A Booking’ link from the ‘Spending BA Miles’ option on the left hand menu:

http://tidd.ly/704e6a20

This tool avoids many of the bugs of the relatively-new multi-function tool on the BAEC homepage and the not-all-that-old ‘explorer’ page which is generally linked to for redemption bookings and is just far too complicated for its own good.

The distinction that I was making in my last post, for the likely very many readers of the BT Forum who rarely or never post, is that the redemption functionality for BA Miles is just that – it is functionality – not a separate site from ba.com.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Had same difficulties as everybody else.

I never have this problem redeeming AA miles, which is much more user friendly

excessbaggage
    Participant

The Exec Club seems to be completely down at the moment – i followed the link you give above continentalclub, and get the same error message (as of 1438 BST).

continentalclub
    Participant

I wonder if it can’t cope with you and me being on the site at the same time excessbaggage!

Actually, I was giving the complicated search tool a go just to see if it was bugging for me. Ironically, it worked perfectly and I’ve just booked.

Bloomin’ internet!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls