BA Miles Accelerator

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Just received an e-mail from Exec Club inviting me to ‘Turbo Charge my miles”. Bonus miles are being offered in all cabins for travel before 18 December.

1 return journey in F or CW will earn you an additional 20,000 miles. 5 returns will earn a whopping 140,000 miles!

Great offer!

UKFly79
    Participant

I am not eligible for this offer, is it invite only. I am a uk registered gch?

VintageKrug
    Participant

European members only. Cue The Binman:

UKFly79
    Participant

hahah! oh shoot

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not just Europe

Eligible Countries for this promotion are:

In Europe:

Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Gibraltar, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State.

In Africa:

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Western Sahara, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

JordanD
    Participant

Sidebar rant: BA can include whatever countries they want, but I wish they’d get their geography right. Israel is not and has not been part of Europe. It’s in Asia. It is a simple geographical fact. BA should at least ensure their T&Cs are correct in this manner.

(They’ve also given themselves plenty of wiggle room if you are in the Asian parts of Turkey and Russia, but that’s another issue).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think the answer to your question JordanD is because its due to Middle East politics!

Please dont let this remark open the door……………..or should i have left the question unanswered???

JordanD
    Participant

Martyn – I understand the likelihood of why, but (and I don’t want to get into the politics of the region) the land in that part of the world is part of the Asian continent, rather than Europe, and so BA should place it correctly.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

JordonD, politics aside, I wonder how the region, air travel travel and commerce would indeed fare if BA and all other airlines considered the country in Asia as opposed to Europe. Probably be very positive move. Interesting side comment…..

openfly
    Participant

Yet again we see UK based BA EC members at a disadvantage to the rest of the world. Even South Africa, which has the same rules as the UK, is included in the deal. Getting fed up with being treated like this by BA. Am I surprised??

hemispheres
    Participant

Irrespective of country rules, the generosity of the scheme should be treated with caution. It is all well & good BA boosting mileages, but the redemptions are being made harder. So if BA miles is considered a form of currency, they become harder to spend.

Perhaps a false economy, but after all, it is marketing.

Binman62
    Participant

Of course they have to post the miles for this offer to be useful. Have just completed 3 sectors on BA but only 1 actually posted tier points and miles. The other 2 were ineligible despite being business class and fully compliant with BA T&C.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Binman continues to be among BA’s most unlucky customers, seemingly blighted at every possible turn.

Much better he stays home in future. Those eligible can enjoy this offer to the full:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/bonus-miles-accelerator/public/en_gb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls