BA meal service in CW

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

In brief.
    Flew to ICN from LHR with BA.
    Had pre ordered meal online. Food arrived with everything on the same tray, I mean everything including cheese, desert (no choice), chocolate etc. The thing I found most strange though, since BA are always keen to cut out cost, is that despite my ordering (Euro style) beef, my tray also contained chopsticks, spicy sauce for the single Korean choice and a full tube (around 75gms at a guess) of additional sauce to be added to the Bimbap.
    Have to assume all this was simply thrown away (and I know I’m assuming)?
    Overall, the service was poor, even by BA standards.
    Return from BKK this morning with expectations as low as ever. 😉

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

To add. Is this dumping everything on the same tray, school canteen style, BA policy now or is it laziness from the crew?
    I’ve not flown BA for 3 months so maybe something’s changed?

Despite CW being only half occupied, there was no sign of the CSM.
    At least it was a 787 outbound so I arrived feeling pretty good and ready to face the day at 0730.
    The return this morning from BKK is the usual (rather old I think) 777.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

During periods of IA, the flight may operate with reduced crew or volunteer crew. Therefore the service delivery is altered to what you received to allow for that.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=820791]During periods of IA, the flight may operate with reduced crew or volunteer crew. Therefore the service delivery is altered to what you received to allow for that.

[/quote]

So, on mixed fleet, almost continuously?

Cheeryguy
    Participant

[quote quote=820792]

During periods of IA, the flight may operate with reduced crew or volunteer crew. Therefore the service delivery is altered to what you received to allow for that.

So, on mixed fleet, almost continuously?

[/quote]

It would appear so.

capetonianm
    Participant

Do they in any way compensate passengers for service which is degraded, given that such degradation is due to their poor management of human resources?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I don’t see the relevance of the “poor management of human recourses”.

If a company needs to alter the service delivery for any reason, then surely it follows the passenger should be give a “gesture” or a refund of sorts…. (in my case I would take avios…)

I know some will say that the f&b & ICE is not a contractual part of your ticket, but its certainly expected on longhaul and cosnsitent / suitable to the class of travel..

capetonianm
    Participant

Fair comment, but if it were outside their control I would have a more sympathetic view.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

[quote quote=820794]Do they in any way compensate passengers for service which is degraded, given that such degradation is due to their poor management of human resources?

[/quote]

In this instance, what was degraded? The OP actually received more than normally offered. He received cheese and dessert instead of being offered one or the other. Apart from JFK services I don’t believe there is ever a choice of dessert. The fact it was presented on one tray is neither here nor there.

FrDougal
    Participant

[quote quote=820807]

Do they in any way compensate passengers for service which is degraded, given that such degradation is due to their poor management of human resources?

In this instance, what was degraded? The OP actually received more than normally offered. He received cheese and fruit, instead of being offered one or the other. The fact it was presented on one tray is neither here nor there.

[/quote]

It is here and there!

The customer did not receive the advertised service which was paid for at time of booking and instead received a simplified/inferior (regardless of what ever “extras” one would assume was in the tray) service based on the fact that there was less or inexperienced staff dealing with him/her.

Contact BA, tell them you are not happy and get something out of them. And quickly before their customer relations department is shipped overseas too!

nevereconomy
    Participant

Will you all please just use another carrier for your flying needs since BA will never satisfy you, then I don’t have to look at this every day. I use BA frequently and have realized they are not perfect and accept that, as they get me safely where I want to
    go at a reasonable price.

TominScotland
    Participant

Fair comment, nevereconomy. We are frequently told on this forum that pax are deserting BA in massive numbers because of the ‘race to the bottom’ in service standards – BOB, for example. How does this sit with IAG’s soaring profits, just reported but studiously avoided in discussion on this Forum:

IAG profits soar despite British Airways IT failure

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

I cannot help but agree totally with Nevereconomy. If you are not happy with the service you are receiving then do not complain, instead come on to the forum and say that you are no longer going to complain about BA as you have decided to vote with your feet and use another carrier!!

It is sometimes very frustrating to see the same posters complaining about BA on quite a regular basis about the same things yet they do nothing about it. Why is the question I often ask as there are alternative carriers to every destination that BA flies to, many of whom are in my opinion way better that BA in terms of hard product and on board service. For example Ethihad’s Business Class to Sydney via Abu Dhabi.

I took the decision some time ago to never fly BA by choice as I finally reached the point where it was no longer worth it. I fly mostly in economy to Europe and Easyjet go to all of my key destinations for a lot less money than BA. I would estimate that since the beginning of this year I have saved in excess of £7,000 of my own money by changing to Easyjet from BA.

I know that many of you have good reasons to use BA as the avios you receive plus the other benefits of top tier status mean that it is still worthwhile and that is fine but most of those posters and some of them I know well do not keep complaining about BA on the forum.

Rant over!

Safe travels everyone!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

TominScotland, you also make a very good point. Clearly there are still many people who like BA And are satisfied with the service they are getting who will naturally continue to fly BA and then there are others who despite the poor experiences that they have had will continue to fly BA come what may which is why BA and it’s parent IAG will continue to do well as there is no incentive for them to change anything that they have done or are doing as they still make great profits.

I am as sure as I can be that if suddenly hundreds of thousands of passengers stopped flying with BA and wrote to the airline to tell them that they will not fly with them anymore until some changes are made to improve what is on offer and that had a negative effect on the bottom line then things might start to change but I am also as sure as I can be that this will not happen and so we will have the same discussions on this forum for the foreseeable future!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=820816]Will you all please just use another carrier for your flying needs since BA will never satisfy you, then I don’t have to look at this every day. I use BA frequently and have realized they are not perfect and accept that, as they get me safely where I want to
    go at a reasonable price.

[/quote]

You don’t have to look at this, everyday. You really don’t. Just don’t open the threads.

It’s your choice.

Please do not try to censor people who wish to state their case.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls