BA Lyon Flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

• Bucksnet
    Participant

When the new T2 is built all the Star Alliance flights will move there and that will create a lot of space in T3. T1 will be closed and demolished, so the BA flights there will have to move.

VK, it’s not just the ex-BMI flights that are in T1. BA has moved long standing BA routes there from other terminals. And Heathrow is not “one terminal down” as you say. There were 4 before T5, there are 4 now and there will be 4 after the new T2 opens.

dutchyankee
    Participant

It will make things better if it is then T5 and T3 as all One World. Hopefully the two terminals can be better connected at that stage to make it more of a seamless experience? But that would bring up the question of the non-alligned airlines, and how about EK/QF?

Bucksnet
    Participant

EK should be moved to T4.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Would QF then go with them as their JSA is probably more important than connections to other OW flights, or am I mistaken? QF cant be happy of the prospect to move back to T4, although from what I have heard, T4 look sgreat now.

Bucksnet
    Participant

They will probably stay together at T3 or T4.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

T4 is greatly improved.

Just shows how what was market leading in 1986 can be outdated within a number of decades.

dutchyankee
    Participant

I used to love T4 when Concorde was still operating; the lounges were great, the shopping was easy, and access was good.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Most things are outdated after a few decades have passed VK.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

It was superb for Concorde flights, and the lounge to aircraft access was particularly appreciated on early morning hops.

I think it’s only the San Francisco lounge which offers this these days?

Sadly, the lack of space in the check in area caused by BAA’s profusion of retail outlets rather spoiled the flow. A little more space now the annexe is in operation, but still quite scrummy in places.

transtraxman
    Participant

I would be very surprised if “SergeantMajor” were a new name for “Vintage Krug” despite the writing styles being so similar. I would expect him to rename himself “Field Marshal”

In a less flipant vein, next year there will be major airline movements starting between the terminals (not all in one go). So any readjustments will be done then with BA occupying the space freed up in T3.

This was dealt with in another thread a few weeks ago. The information about the changes was supplied by myself.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/LHR-T2-Opens-04-June-2014

SergeantMajor
    Participant

While it is inevitable that BA will have to leave T1, nothing has been announced about where it will be going.

While consolidating operations with other oneworld airlines at T3, using its two existing (and now underutilised) lounges at T3, there is a possibility BA might push to have a toehold in the brand new T2, where the facilities will mirror those in T5.

Stranger things have happened…in days of yore, BA used to keep a single MIA flight from T3 to ensure it was represented on that terminal’s user committee.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

To stick to the subject, Lyon may or may not be France’s second city, and is certainly ill-served by T3, but Prague is definitely the Czech Republic’s first city, and it feels insulting to the Czechs for the main carrier between LHR and PRG only to operate from a secondary terminal and from a remote stand with a bus transfer

ImissConcorde
    Participant

It is still better than the service offered by the national airline, Czech Airlines, between Prague and Heathrow. Oops. I forgot, They no longer fly the route!!

Travellator
    Participant

And Iberia aircraft sit happily taking up T5 stands that could be used for example by Lyon or other European flights !

dutchyankee
    Participant

Agree completely Travellatior.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls