BA lounge refurbishments

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

FlyerDoc
    Participant

Glasgow, Edinburgh and now Belfast have all had their BA lounges overhauled. SM reckons the CR at T5 is getting new soft furnishings soon. Are there plans for other lounge refurbs? Last time i was in Manchester it looked half Galleries, half Terraces.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

Manchester has had a significant reduction in European and longhaul services, and with the improved rail connections MAN flights have considerably reduced volumes of passengers using them; I’d expect this trend to continue.

peter19
    Participant

ABZ had a refurbish completed a few months ago before Xmas time.

StephenLondon
    Participant

I believe BA have a small team that are dedicated to ongoing lounge projects around the world (such as the newly opened Capetown lounge, etc.), but they don’t usually publish information in advance about which lounges are getting updates.

Some of the T5 lounge furniture is looking tired, and so are some of the bathrooms. I guess with the heavy use they receive, it is only a matter of time before they start looking a bit limp.

FlyerDoc
    Participant

BA flights from MAN have reduced in number massively over recent years SM! Nowadays they only serve LHR, plus code shares to ORD and JFK, and a franchise to BLL.
    Its a shame and a surprise that BA can’t seem to make a success of a leisure base at MAN!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls