BA Lounge at Copenhagen Kastrup?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Can anyone explain why BA do not have a dedicated lounge at Copenhagen Kastrup (CPH)? BA usually stand out for having their own lounges in even quite medium sized airports – including ones where they have only one or two flights a day. But at CPH, where they have no less than 8 flights a day back to London, they use a shared service lounge which is small, not very well equipped and (worst of all) 250 metres from the BA gates in the “non-Schengen” part of the terminal – and the “land” side of passport control to boot. So one can’t even safely stay in the lounge after about 40 minutes before the flight.

Any explanations?

David
    Participant

BA used to have a dedicated lounge at CPH (near to the shared one now) however this was closed some 18 months / 2 years ago. No doubt a cost-saving measure and a shame as it was a great facility to use when flying SAS (by using the BA Gold lounge access benefit).

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Thank you. I thought it might be that, and I do remember the old one.

I wondered if its closure was something as simple as a Star Alliance hub airport not wanting to offer any facilities at all above the barest minimum to oneWorld. BA’s dedicated lounge network round the world does appreciably add to the value of the oneWorld brand.

Gold-2K
    Participant

The lounge at CPH is shocking! One of the worst I have been in. Seems to be a trend towards third party lounges in the Nordics. At ARN since the move from T2 to T5, we have lost the nice Finnair lounge and now in a 1980s style Menzies lounge tucked behind the cleaners cupboard. Not exactly premium. Same in Gothenburg, though as this is a small airport I can forgive them !!!!

The one exception is Oslo where the third party lounge is excellent.

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

On the other hand, the SAS lounges at CPH are lovely.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

This is clearly a service enhancement.

Please stop BA bashing!

AndyInSweden
    Participant

I got an email today from BA about a new lounge in Copenhagen.

Please see details on the below URL

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/lcoffers/public/en_dk?source=home&openxzoneid=388&openxcampaign=EUR-home&openxbanner=6084&openxtype=click

The lounge is also a “pay and enter” lounge meaning it could be crowded.

I’ll be traveling in May and will check it out then if time permits.

If anyone beats me to it – Is the new CPH Apartment lounge better or worse than the Novia lounge?

esselle
    Participant

The decision to close the BA lounge was not in anyway a Star conspiracy. It was a cost saving measure on the part of the airline, and in fact the space it used to occupy, near the top of the A pier, has remained empty ever since the lounge closed.

Tramor01
    Participant

I normally use the SAS lounges at CPH (SAS Gold), but I have used the Novia Lounge in the past (using Priority Pass) just for a change of scenery. In my opinion it’s nothing special, but having said that it is somewhat better than the old BA lounge (not saying much)

RussShaw6
    Participant

Funny, I just flew out of Kastrup yesterday…and flew with SAS as the BA lounge at Kastrup is awful (I was there in November). Both SAS and BA provide good services to/from CPH (the flight timings are pretty identical, too). I take on board that it is a cost-saving measure for BA, but it does cheapen the brand by using an inferior shared lounge. BA Club Europe, however, has much better food than SAS Business–if you’re doing a one day trip as I sometimes do, it makes a difference.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls