BA Lounge at Aberdeen

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I gather that the BA lounge at Aberdeen is closed for refurbishment and has been since about July. I will be flying through the airport a couple of times in the coming months – does anyone know when the lounge is scheduled to reopen?

IanMcIntosh
    Participant

I think it’s closed until at least March/April next year when new one on the first floor is due to open. In meantime, if you have Gold status you can get into the Northern Lights lounge, which is really good. Northern Lights lounge also accepts Priority Pass or you can pay cash….

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Ian – thank you. Most helpful and I will explore the Northern Lights lounge

peter19
    Participant

Just to clarify if you hold anything less than a gold card and not flying Business or First (on a connecting flight) you wont be let in. There is a desk just next to Dixon’s offering £5 voucher for Silver members.

There was a lack of information about the duration of the closure which has miffed quite a few of the Regulars commuting through the airport.

If you have lounge club or Priority pass you can use this to gain access to the Northern lounge if you don’t have the above.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Having used the new Northern Lights lounge at ABZ on several occasions now it is a world of difference to the previous Swissport and BA Lounges. Step change in quality in terms of what is being offered. BA will really need to up their game at ABZ (perhaps why it is taking so long?)

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Thanks. That is good to hear because the previous BA lounge was (like most of their regional offerings) rather basic and not much more than a large cupboard with refreshments!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls