BA Lounge Access at BHD

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• SGJNI1961
    Participant

Has something changed here and I haven’t noticed? Arrived at 11am for my 1.30pm flight to find the lounge staffed but locked! The staff member came out to inform me that access was restricted to 2 hours before the flight. This has never happened to me before either at this Lounge or at any other.
    Is this another “enhancement ” asked for by passengers like me or just another attempt by BA to further p*ss off Gold Card holders and make us look elsewhere? I have not had this experience on any previous visit.

Panda01
    Participant

This is weird. Maybe it is a strategy to reduce food and drinks costs.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

@Panda01
    Or perhaps just reduce the number of passengers? Imagine the cost if I got stuck in to the sandwiches and minestrone soup 30 minutes too soon or the £4.50 bottle of white wine. That would really impact the bottom line I’m sure.
    Does no one in BA understand what damage this sort of petty nonsense causes? Same for not transferring bags even when most other O/W members have reversed this absurd rule???

Panda01
    Participant

When you say it was locked, what do you mean? I say this because there are earlier flights and therefore people would arrive at around 7am for the earliest ones.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I mean the door was locked. We could see a member of staff inside who obviously heard me try the door a few times, I really was taken aback. I am now thinking what happens if an earlier flight means the lounge is in use and I turn up with more than 2 hours to wait, will I be allowed in or made to wait outside until there are only 2 hours to go? If the latter, they can have their card back today. The revised schedules do make flights less frequent, looks like they want to give the route to EI, more cutbacks?

Panda01
    Participant

I think the cutbacks are to streamline the frequency as some flights land or depart within 15-30minutes of each other. But I have never heard of doors being locked in my years of travelling to London and further.

The reasons I can think are:

1:there’s a policy that louges within the UK only accept passengers two hours before the flight (it doesn’t equal to any cost savings).

2:The staff are new and therefore follow the rules strictly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls