BA Longhaul new routes 2017/18+ ex LHR & LGW + Brexit planning..

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

The infrastructure has a long way to go before it is suitable for accepting large numbers of tourists, but the real problem is that if there is a regime change, it will only be the replacement of one evil by another. That said, getting the Mugapes out can only be a good thing.

Speedbird1994
    Participant

So with IAG buying nearly all of Monarch’s slots, and with a significant portion going to BA, what new LGW routes/frequency increases are on the horizon? Any suggestions/guesses/wishes?

Inthesandpit
    Participant

For me and this is purely selfish a LHR or LGW service to DWC (Al Maktoum International). An earlier daytime service say departing 0800L UK arriving in DWC early evening on a 788 would surely be a welcome addition to both visitors and expats living here. Many UK holiday makers seem to prefer the hotels in the marina/ south Dubai and the Jebel Ali resort is like Little Britain at times all these are 15-20 taxi rides. Abu Dhabi is only 45 mins away. The residential areas in the south of Dubai are favored by British expats which are much closer than DXB. DWC has expanded enormously over the last year and although it is a coaching operation DNATA have this running well, the terminal is a breeze both inbound and outbound and there are adequate lounges for premium passengers. There is a marked increase in passenger services this winter and is noticeable although predominantly European and CIS charter services.
    I am sure this would compliment the BA DXB operation.
    As I say this is purely selfish, to maximize my time in then UK, I normally take the BA lunchtime service ex LHR which gets to DXB at the busiest time, with the resultant baggage delivery delays (not BA fault) and taxi queues, meaning I get home about 1am to be in work at 6.30am.

canucklad
    Participant

An update to my last comment…….
    So it’s not just Westminster that can be paralyzed by fringe political parties throwing their weight around.

THE SNP’s flagship plan to slash air passenger duty has been delayed for at least a year.

The devolved replacement, Air Departure Tax (ADT), will be shelved until at least April 2019.
    Therefore Westminster will continue to collect APD across the UK in 2018/19 and then allocate a portion back ed to Scotland through the block grant.
    And all because the SNP needed a few MSPs from the Green party to vote the wider budget through.

This decision will just help reinforce the status quo I’m afraid.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls