BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 645 total)

• HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

It’s a beautiful country and one of SA’s great cities. I’m delighted it’s now linked directly to London.

JasPat1
    Participant

GDS is showing flights starting Tuesday 3rd January from LHR (Heathrow) to SCL (Santiago de Chile), first inbound on 4th Jan 2017 times as follows. Days of the week- Monday – 1 and so on:

1 BA 251 2357 LHR 5 SCL 2200 0940+1 0 03JAN17 24MAR17 789 14:40
    1 BA 250 1346 SCL LHR 5 1845 1205+1 0 04JAN17 23MAR17 789 14:20

sparkyflier
    Participant

Attractive schedules as well.

So now that Santiago is firmed up, where is next 😉

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Portland (OR), Nashville, New Orleans, Charlotte, Jakata, Saigon or Hanoi, Kolkata, Durban, and maybe Xian.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ HedgeFundFlyer – 18/05/2016 11:18 BST

I have said before I think CLT could use an additional flight as the two AA flights are almost always full to bursting, and of course, a massive AA hub and a very wealthy catchment area. Portland makes great sense, Nashville possibly, but not sure about New Orleans as really hasn’t recovered yet, but possibly as a tag to somewhere else. BA did fly to MSY in the past so maybe, but I seem to recall it continued on to another destination (served with an L1011-500 I think). Durban seems to make great sense and surprised it isn’t in their sights, as well as Jakarta. Would be very interesting to see which of these might happen, or if something else is in the works. Someone else pointed out St. Vincent with their newly capable airport.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

dutchyankee

The routing was LHR-MSY-MEX.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I wonder if Charlotte could do with a refurbished 747 service.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Seychelles from LGW?

sparkyflier
    Participant

It seems the launch of Tehran flights has been changed to September now. I guess being aimed largely at business traffic, this is no surprise really.

Olneyflyer
    Participant

Looks like one of the destinations suggested as a BA possible, New Orleans has now attracted a small charter schedule for 2016 with Thomson Airways. This may be a good testing ground to see what is possible on the route. However clearly Thomson’s targeted market for this series of flights is leisure orientated.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267532/thomson-airways-schedules-new-orleans-charters-in-late-dec-2016/

ShelinGathiram_
    Participant

Could BA restart Durban flights?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: Durban. BA may have left it too late now that the Gulf carriers have appeared on the scene.

Jasonltd1
    Participant

Highly unlikely since BA are operating x2 JNB x 1CPT from LHR (2 in Winter) and soon 1x CPT from LGW (Winter) . Com air have the add on to DUR which is BA brand.

rferguson
    Participant

Sharm el Sheikh cancelled indefinitely now.

BA confirms six week delay to Tehran launch (1 SEP).

IB to operate more of BA’s MAD rotations in the summer.

Jasonltd1
    Participant

That may be why BA have added LGW – LCA to the schedule

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 645 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls