BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 645 total)

• dutchyankee
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK – 13/05/2016 11:15 BST

Your disdain for BA is well known, and like you I could careless what Emirates call’s itself either, but the premise was stated that BA should call themselves London Airways as they don’t cover enough of the Regions, so I pointed out the same could be said for various other carriers in their own home countries. Of course you then decide to be rude and patronising which seems to be your brand these days, and have a rant about wanting a windfall tax on BA. It can never be pleasant with you if our opinions differ. There you go, have a great weekend.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@ AisleSeatTraveller – 13/05/2016 11:18 BST

+1 That was the only point I was trying to make before FDOS does his usual.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

DutchYankee

If you don’t like my responses, could I suggest you avoid the sarcasm that prompted the reply?

“I’m from the Netherlands so fully aware about the size of my country.”

“As far as I remember London is actually in Britain. As a non-Brit I might be wrong but I am pretty certain.”

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

DutchYanKee – have a good weekend

GivingupBA
    Participant

dutchyankee said, “I don’t think Honolulu would be viable, but I’m not sure how appealing it is as a destination to Europeans so have no idea. How long would that flight be nonstop?”

I have 7,237 miles for LHR-HNL nonstop.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

AisleSeatTraveller – 13/05/2016 11:18 BST

If BA isn’t going to fly from BHX (and you make a reasonable point), then why doesn’t it do something with surface transportation?

Emirates and Etihad do this over a comparable distance and the coach services are regular and of decent quality.

Lufthansa integrates rail services into it’s flight programme – admittedly the poor UK rail links to Heathrow would make this difficult to emulate, but nonetheless where is BA’s intent to be inclusive?

BEYbrit
    Participant

Hey FDOS, hope you’re well.

I really like the idea of a BA coach service into LHR from BHX. I fly from home here in Beirut to Birmingham fairly regularly and use a combination of LH or TK (used to be AF, but the connection kerfuffle at CDG kills me).

I’d be inclined to use BA to LHR followed by a BA coach – especially if it could be booked on one ticket (like the SNCF/AF deal) – and I know that my poor old mother would do so on her twice-yearly trips to the Levant.

Anyway, great thinking there!

Have a good weekend

AndrewinHK
    Participant

FDOS I totally agree with you. I think BA should somehow figure out some integrated surface transportation option either connecting it to the National Rail network or bus services. I wish they could sort out integrating Heathrow Airport Station so it could be somehow directly accessed by the West and East Coast Mainlines

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

On a related theme, I remember a conversation I had many moons ago with a contact at Heathrow Express (HEX), who was musing on the theme of how they could increase their loads.

Other than the obvious one of reducing their fares (!), I suggested they link with the airlines/agents’ reservations systems to enable a HEX ‘coupon’ to be added to the start/end of any journey from/to Heathrow. This would simplify things and make it a much easier add-on to the sale of an air ticket.

Still hasn’t happened…………..

sparkyflier
    Participant

As RF alluded to, Rio is being trimmed, being reduced from 7 x 772 to 5 x 772 Winter onwards, releasing slots for I guess we will find out soon..?

Jasonltd1
    Participant

Very soon

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Santiago is confirmed. 4x per week from January 2017

JordanD
    Participant

If only they had started it this year; would have been perfect for a launch pad to a November holiday.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Just did a search on BA.com, for 3 Feb out back on 11 Feb, BA flight 251 outbound 250 inbound, operated by 787 with First so I guess 787-9, flight time of 14hrs 40 mins is listed. Great to see this route being launched after many posters here suggested it would be a logical route. Only ever been to SCL once in my life, but can see the appeal of this route.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Great and long overdue addition!

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 645 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls