BA long-haul – where to next & with what? Winter 2015/16+

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 645 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

But will the US still demand anyone who has been to Iran need a Visa. Crazy situation.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

TimFitzgerald: rather depends on if the UK bans Donald T if (god help us) he makes it !

FCTraveller
    Participant

Interesting, BA looking for second hand A380’s because they say those they have on option are too expensive!

http://news.airwise.com/story/iag-interested-in-second-hand-a380s

Speedbird189
    Participant

NEWS ON TEHRAN:
    Telegraph now reporting that Walsh is interested in ‘reinstating’ flights to Tehran, would have to abandon other routes.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/middleeast/iran/12120325/British-Airways-considers-reinstating-Iran-flights.html

Jasonltd1
    Participant

Re Tehran: Surely BA would just move a route 39 miles down the road? Nassau for example?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

I’m struggling to work out which Iran Air routes would justify an A380.

I would also imagine that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard have pretty much guaranteed that Da’esh are unlikely to be targeting western visitors – or anyone else for that matter.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

what aircraft to use to serve Tehran? assuming that a slot can be found…… delay retiring a 767 (as new 787s arrive)?

TominScotland
    Participant

Anthony Dunn, with about 750,000 residents of Iranian origin in LA, LAX would be the obvious A380 route were Iran Air to go down that route. The current 747-200s and 747SPs will be missed with likely fleet replacement as was the last 707 I saw in service, back in the late 1990s when Tehran was on my regular schedule.

rferguson
    Participant

TBH i’m surprised that Iran Air has said they want A380’s. I don’t doubt for a second that there will be a massive increase in passengers in and out of Iran. But I think most of them will be gobbled up by the ME3 which already fly multiple times daily from their hubs.

It’s kind of like India, a massive population of over a billion with a huge number of passenger movements. Yet the Indian airlines internationally are on a fairly small scale in relation to the population they serve as so many Indians use the ME3. The gulf hubs are perfectly placed when flying India – Europe/US.

I’m sure that some will pay a premium for direct flights to/from Tehran on Iran Air etc but an A380 is not the aircraft of choice for that kind of flying.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Now comes news that KLM intends to relaunch its Amsterdam-Tehran service from May 2.

According to Airline Route, although reservations are not yet possible, flight details have been loaded into the GDSs.

There will be four flights a week operated by B777-200. As you might expect, flights are perfectly timed for connections at Schiphol.

Any news from BA ?

Cloud-9
    Participant

Havana. Long overdue and our BFFs in the US are tentatively flying there now….

BA will surely follow suit……?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Seems KLM has halted its Tehran plans temporarily.

http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/28/kl-ikatse-s16update2/

Hopefully BA will make an announcement soon.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

with Garuda starting non-stop services to Heathrow from Jakarta (has the runway been strengthened to eliminate the need for a stop in Singapore) isn’t it time for a BA flight (perhaps using the 787-9 with a first class cabin)?

Indonesia is a massively expanding economy

Tehran is a must also (where are the slots coming from)….. perhaps with a retirement reprieved 767?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Well at last Tehran has been announced, and with a bold move using 777. This is actually what I thought it would be, as I though demand would be high. After all Lufthansa are moving from A340-600 to 744, and other parts of their group offering twice daily flights.

Well done BA -about time.

Now with Garuda having announced they are moving to LHR (timings/slots not confirmed), there is next to no chance BA will go there. They have had every opportunity though so good luck to Garuda, who by all accounts have great products.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 645 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls