BA LHR to ORD with service operated by wet leased Air Belgium metal

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I flew LHR to ORD last week with BA’s service operated by Air Belgium (AB) on an A330 neo. I chose this service because it was earlier in the day and also, I did not fancy the BA A380 configuration in J (with the ying-yang seating). The AB A330 has 1-2-1 configuration but not enclosed like the new BA club Suite. I thought it was worth trying. Sadly it was disappointing.

Unfortunately, the departure was from T5’s gate A10 which involves a chaotic Bus transfer to the aircraft on a remote stand. The plane departed 1 hour after scheduled departure due to baggage loading delays.

I managed one of the even seat numbers at a window so had a degree of privacy but certainly some of the aisle seated PAX were very exposed to traffic in the aisles.

The meal services from the AB crew was very slow and there only seemed to be 2 crew operating the 32 seats in J. All food was standard BA fare with Club World menus (including a BA amenity kit).

The IFE was extremely limited compared to the normal BA offering.

Baggage delivery in ORD was very slow (I was even through immigration and then had a further 20-minute wait).

All told this was very disappointing service.

To the extent that BA can often do a decent service level on their own metal (including new club suites etc) the AB operated service was poor.

Not to be recommended.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls