BA LGW (North) lounges to close in January 2016

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• openfly
    Participant

As rumoured for some time, the BA date for the move to the South Terminal was ambitious.
    Gatwick Airport management have announced this morning that the Terminal changes will not happen until Jan 24/25 2017 at the earliest.
    BA must be rubbing its hands with glee at the prospect of even more compensation for the delay….at the expense of an inferior premium product.
    March 1st 2017 is still the rumoured move date!

Cheeryguy
    Participant

A wee update. Speaking to the senior customer service agent just now at LGW, yes the move is delayed, but the new lounges will be bigger than the North Terminal ones, also there will be a First Lounge. Watch this space.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Was at South terminal last Sun. The entire area where the No 1 lounge was is now a construction zone. For last week no lounge at the South except VS clubhouse (I believe). Sign said new No 1 lounge was opening today, though not sure where. For those wanting to avail of lounges, I think there still definitely more at N even with BA’s now closed.
    Fortunately a £1.99 sausage and egg McMuffin kept me going!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

is it still possible to stop the embarrassment of being turned away at Priority Pass lounge by paying in advance (Gatwick North).. couldn’t find this option on the web site..

I have a 3 hour wait with a client and with the closure of the BA lounge, presume PP will be maximising profit opportunities…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MartynSinclair – 21/02/2016 08:59 GMT

If you have a PP card, you can pay £5 to reserve your place at the #1 Lounge

https://www.no1traveller.com/reservations

Or you can pay full price, however it’s my understanding that BA car holders and guests are unlikely to be turned away.

rodders
    Participant

used the No1 traveller lounge last month on a sat evening, was v disappointed, and the BA staff indicated that they had a lot of complaints, but had a text message from BA within the hour asking for feedback…would be much better to give you a Pret voucher in my opinion….

openfly
    Participant

The best lounge at Gatwick South is the EasyJet Lounge….McDonalds! Fast polite service and excellent value….

DiamondDad68
    Participant

There are two other PP lounges at the North Terminal, the Aspire and My Lounge. I used the No1 lounge last month and will be there again tomorrow, but I did notice the other two lounges were empty when I went past.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls