BA LAX lounge for GOLD members

Back to Forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gordo66 18 Jan 2010
at 08:48

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

gordo66
    Participant

Hello There,
    I know that as BA gold, I can use BA-operated lounge even when I don’t fly with them or with one of their One World partner. Does the LAX TBIT lounge (called BA/QF lounge by the BA.COM website) counts as BA operated lounge for that matter?

The same question also applies for the HKG lounge (called The Hong Kong lounge [British Airways/Qantas])

THX in advance.

Travellator
    Participant

I am lead to believe that Qantas /BA lounge has been refurbed – any comments ?

If not it really is the pits of all lounges in the world !

Smoking rife in the loos – absolutely rubbish snacks and drinks – far better off to sit outside with non lounge customers !

gordo66
    Participant

I will fly to both of these airport with LY, business class. So what do you say – should I stick with the LY lounge (which is operated by 3rd party) or with the BA/QF lounge?

Travellator
    Participant

Unless BA/Qantas has been refurbed at HKG stay in HKG hotel until last minute cos lounge – last experience end of October is total disgrace !

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Yes- the Lounge at LAX does count as a BA lougne and you can use as you would a normal BA lounge. I’ve only ever used it myself flying Qantas and BA however I’ve seen people in there with gold cards who are flying with another carrier.

RoadKing
    Participant

I have been at the Gold lounge at LAX a couple of times the last year, and I find it very nice. It has never been crowded, there are a variety of food, hot as cold. A nice selection of soft drinks, spirits, wine and champagne.

I recommend to have time to spend there. I truly enjoyed my stay.

gordo66
    Participant

What are the opening times of the BA LAX and HKG lounges?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls