BA launching to Lima

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• JeffD
    Participant

Having complained on this forum and threads being highjacked I am doing just that.

Its interesting to read the comments about feeder traffic at LGW. BA has stopped flying to a lot domestic destinations from LGW. I really hope as they push more long haul routes out of Gatwick that they will recommence some of the domestic routes that were cancelled. Stonemill14 commented about the LGW-MAN route, I used this route frequently and the load factors were always high.

JordanD
    Participant

@Carajillo2Sugar: LGW to EDI still exists.

@Jefferydavison: I’ve read other sources elsewhere that agree with you that LGW-MAN was heavily loaded, but that because it was almost all connecting traffic, it meant that if you apportioned the cost of the ticket to the ex-LGW flight, rather than the shuttle connection, the shuttle because one of the highest lost leading routes on the whole network. Might well be a classic Load v Yield scenario.

JeffD
    Participant

@JordanD

Very good point. I still miss the service as I used it point to point, living bear London Bridge LGW is far more convenient than the long trek to Healthrow.

PMWelsh
    Participant

If the route is a commercial success – no doubt if a large number of passengers transit the UK onwards – it will move to LHR

PMWelsh
    Participant

If the route is a commercial success – no doubt if a large number of passengers transit the UK onwards – it will move to LHR

PMWelsh
    Participant

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls