BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 Sept

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Great stuff Jumpseats. You’ve just said what many of the rest of us think (although I don’t approve of your last line – it present too enduring an image!).

I’ve suggested before that VK (or The Flying Scotsman as perhaps we should call him or her) is really Michael O’Leary for exactly the reason you flag up. He/she seems to be doing his/her damnedest to turn people off BA which, of course, would be an excellent strategy for Ryanair.

Hess963
    Participant

Kudos for you Jumpseats!. You are right. VK your knowledges and experiences are great and well appreciated by others. But please consider that everyone has its own decision whether to like or dislike something. This is a forum where everyone can share their experiences and views( I hope so–and not a gathering of ” how to present and sell BA in public !!).
    I have my own opinion over BA and if I comment very sharply about them, it is because I am a loyal BA flyer and want them to hear what we loyal and paying customers want BA to improve and do for us. And I am sure that most of us do not want any preacher from BA’s bosom here.

Airpocket
    Participant

I think the appropriate forum for VK’s propaganda is, obviously, BA’s website,right next to all the flashing information about the now all-too-frequent sales and specials!

NTarrant
    Participant

It is quite clear from other threads in this forum that Airpocket hates BA so much that he posts such venom in the replies to other peoples comments in the forum.

Hess963 makes a good point about wanting the airline to improve and sharing experiences. It is said that people complain because they care and want things to be better in the future. Classic example is the Club Europe seating, it has been changed for the better, they listened to what the customer wanted. Sometimes for any organisation that is a difficult step to listen to customers needs.

In Airpocket’s posting at 1718 today he says “I couldn’t care less if BA eventually files for bankruptcy (I don’t fly them)” and that is the point, you don’t fly BA. In expressing an opinion you always have to be so nasty and agressive, then be uncooth in talking about certain other forum members, in particular VK, it is just uncalled for.

So Airpocket, yes get a life and put your hate for BA aside and post something about your real experiences.

Airpocket
    Participant

Well, NTarrant, I don’t actually care enough about BA to “hate” them.Not caring about an airline and hating it are two distinct states of mind, one underlined by apathy, the other by a strong emotion. I don’t get wound up by BA because I no longer choose to fly them.Yes, I did fly them and have family and friends who still fly them (but don’t find BA paticularly good) so,yes, I am speaking from experience.
    I’d suggest you use another line, the “get a life” line is wearing a bit thin, just like VK’s lessons in punctuation and his general allusions to one’s financial status and where one might get a life.Not all of us are as well off (or nouveau riche) like VK and we accept that.But, don’t expect us to sit back and take insults from the more well off just because we,too,have opinions (more pertinent than chocolates in Business Class) and want to air them.
    Frankly, I’m quite amused by just how much you and VK are geting riled by my insouciant observations (based on experience).You two are a hoot, a frothing, seething, rabbid double-act! :o)

pat_travels
    Participant

Spot on comments Jumpseats!

Premium Cabin Fare Sale – well lets face it BA is perpetually running a sale and although I am sure there must be some bargains in there I have never found them. I am a BA EC Gold card holder, no big deal, in fact it brings little or no reward or recognition as far as I have experienced.

I fly the LHR/BOM route very regularly. Its a good route because of all the competition, but before last month I would never look at the alternative to BA – my loyalty was steadfast. That has all gone now. BA has lost the plot in my opinion.

Terms like PRODUCT, BRAND and SERVICE – vital as far as I am concerned and they have all gone from BA. Slowly, slowly eroded away – I sometimes think the BA management figured passengers would not notice the erosion if it was done slowly and subtly.

The good news is I am now brave enough to look beyond my BA Gold card and that lovely Union Flag tail fin. For a breath of fresh air try the alternatives, the competition. Its a service industry and any number of airlines want your business.

BOM/LHR – has 4 direct carriers and all offer a little something different. Just one example, if you want a modern/new aircraft, where everything works, its comfy and at a good price I recommend Air India. Brand new 777s ply this route – have you seen the state of the things BA fly into BOM! Similar to at least one contributor above, I would not choose AI but what I have done is looked at all the options available. My last flight LHR/BOM, granted it was a late booking to fly 5 days later but on their websites for Club/Business BA quoted £4400 rtn EVERY other carrier was circa £1500 rtn. I looked at 9W/IT/AI/EK/QR amongst others . In the end I plumped for EK and enjoyed the A380. The journey was 2hrs longer via DXB compared to the direct BA flight – i can live with that.

Final thoughts, as a previously very loyal BA pax. TN5 excellent, lounge lovely, salad and cold meats/cheese ok – getting to the airport not such fun, getting to the gate LHR/BOM always at a satellite terminal at TN5 not fun, then the scrum to get on board – really poor for First and Club pax. Compare that too EK – a car came to pick me up and dropped me right outside TN3, the terminal was busy but the haven of the EK lounge was great, fresh cooked food, I had braised beef, green beans and new potatoes in the lounge then walked with my fellow business class passengers all of 200 metres to my seat on the plane. Sophisticated or what AND over £3000 CHEAPER than BA

I wont comment on the amazing A380 experience, suffice to say it makes a tired old BA 777 or indeed my favourite aircraft the 747 look so rubbish

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Airpocket, I think your reply just confirms what I placed in my previous posting. I do think that VK is wrong in saying you can get a life in ALDI.

Airpocket
    Participant

Personally, I would happily shop anywhere that offered a good range of ethically-sourced products and had a modicum of customer service. However, there isn’t an ALDI near us, just M&S, Waitrose, Somerfield, Tesco, and Sainsburys.So, I guess, we must be living in a posh-ish post code :o) I’d happily pop into a ALDI the next time I see one, though. I’m no snob, just someone who stands up for passengers’ rights (for instance, the right not to be treated cack-handedly by airline staff, regardless of the nationality of the passenger or the airline staff) and against airline and government propaganda.
    Bizarrely, I think we both want the same thing NTarrant: for BA to become a better airline. I would fly them again if they offered fares to compete with other carriers, offered the full quota of frequent flyer miles on all booking classes, and improved the customer service at LHR and onboard.Those staff who ‘fax-in’ their jobs do a great injustice to staff who care about BA and want to offer a consistently professional service on the ground and in the air. It’s the former who let down the latter, as well as letting down passengers.
    I’m really not that bothered about trivia like the lack of chocolates in J Class.Hell, I’ll just bring my own next time and distribute them to the other pax in the cabin!:o)

VintageKrug
    Participant

It seems there are additional destinations in the Premium Fare Sale from those trailered in the link provided.

Travellator, Hong Kong is indeed in the http://www.newclubworld.com sale, at £2369 rtn.

Amsterdam is coming in as the least expensive CE option, at about £160 rtn exLGW.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just a bump as this sale ends at midnight tonight.

The best way to establish the lowest cost round trip on any flight in Club is to use the Low Fare Finder, which includes the Sale Fares:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb

This includes the Hong Kong and Amsterdam fares. Nothing for Malaga as far as I can see.

Travellator
    Participant

Thanks.

Fares in Club I searched for end of October approx £ 4500 compared to £ 2000 paid earlier in year !

BA appear to have reduced this service from 3 to 2 flights a day.

VintageKrug
    Participant

End of October is I suppose actually not that far off. So you may be caught within the minimum advance purchase period for the I fares.

It’s also Half Term in the UK; a more expensive time to fly! In addition the reduction in frequencies will obviously drive up prices.

The least expensive Club World ticket in October is £2822, and in November is £2369.

Having a shareholder discount would cut this by a further 10%.

Another suggestion to cut the cost would take the day sector in WT+.

Sometimes ensuring you have a Saturday night can reduce the cost.

Another tip is to explore the cost with accommodation included – that can often have a surprising effect on the price….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls