BA IT problems yet again.. (?)

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

I have had a few frustrating issues with ba.com recently which I wish to share, and ask if other posters are also experiencing these. Of course I am also hoping someone from BA reads this forum and is in a position to get these rectified.

Here they are
    1) Often in my Exec Club account it forgets that you have a booking and insists on asking the booking reference and surname – this even happens with the online check in..
    2) On checking in online, you have the option to select emailing a copy. However, on a recent return trip on both the outbound and return it the boarding card/A4 simply was not received. I tried/requested the email 3 times each way at different times and nothing was received.
    3)Logging into my EC online is easy, however, when trying to go to the shopping section with a multitude of retailers/travel providers, my password simply leads to “bad request”. In this section I recall I have always needed to log in again, and previously never had problems.

All these are not huge problems but are frustrating, and as we know BA has a track record of IT issues which have gone on to cause major problems and real disruption.

Anyone else having problems?

Montysaurus
    Participant

Yes, still problems with some pages recently appearing with individual letters and words missing from the text. They would then reappear and disappear. I have returned to using the phone and have found response times good. When I changed a flight last Friday, after the options rigmarole, the call was answered in 2 rings.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

I must say, the Gold BAEC phone service has been remarkably good considering the situation.

What is irritating is that, for the Holidays enquiries, you have to ring a number in the Netherlands and then the wait can be quite substantial. UK-based BAEC cannot handle Holiday bookings (flight+car or flight+hotel) at all.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I agree about BAEC Gold phone customer services – I have always found them excellent and a huge benefit that keeps me being loyal to BA. BA are you listening – it is the PEOPLE/STAFF that get customers coming back – it is that resource which needs acknowledging and investing in.

As an update, my comment on 3 about getting into the shopping section is now OK, maybe a short term blip, but thankfully rectified.

lostantipod
    Participant

On top of these issues, when BA cancel your flight and you decide to rebook a replacement flight, the rebooked flight doesn’t show in their app. I’ve had this 4 times over summer. It only shows your cancelled flights (But doesn’t show they are cancelled!). Since BA also cancelled one of my rebooked flights, in one case I had two flights showing on the same day for the same leg neither of which were correct. And of course, you can’t check in via the app if your flight isn’t there. But if you enter MMB using your booking ref, you can find your flights and check in, but in my case, it would not issue boarding passes. So I had to queue for checkin and handover documents at a desk (I note BA staff have Perspex screens but no gloves!)
    All this despite copious emails from BA reminding me to checkin online and download a BP to minimise face to face contact. Crazy this isn’t a priority for them to fix.I raised this with BA in early August, but still wasn’t fixed by mid sept. Their IT is truly rubbish – at a time when the basics they had already before the pandemic should have been enough.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls