BA increases schedule to Sao Paulo to 10x weekly

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good Afternoon

For those interested BA have added 3 extra flights per week to the GDS from the 7th September – initially on Wed, Sat & Sun. From 26th Oct it will be Wed, Fri & Sun and leave Heathrow at 09:30 and arrive at 19:10 on a 4 Class 777.

Return will be at 21:10 and arrive 10:20 next morning. Times are slightly different in September and change back to Wed, Sat & Sun from 29th March.

Finally got slots and increasing capacity on this route. Appears it was announced a while back but I didn’t see anything on here – or I missed it.

Edited to Add – if Admin get a chance to Correct my Spelling in Title that would be lovely!

sparkyflier
    Participant

Getting slots at GRU is not easy, so it is good for BA that they got these. It was announced back in March I think.

My opinion is that GRU would be an ideal A380 route, and that the extra 3 slots ex-LHR and 777 should be used on other routes such as Brasilia & Recife.

But I suspect GRU is not yet A380 capable.

I am sure there is demand for flights to and from other cities further north in Brazil for UK flights, and now that TAM is a oneworld partner there would be plenty of feed.

christopheL
    Participant

GRU is not yet A380 capable. Air France had to postpone the launch of an A380 flight to GRU because of this.

GrahamSmith

“If Admin get a chance to Correct my Spelling in Title that would be lovely!”

Done.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Thanks Graham

I think GRU would be a useful A380 route once ready. Agree Sparkyflyer – it would have been good to see new routes into South America added as well – either as tags to the new flights (or triangles – or other shapes we can think of – foregoing the debate over whether this is the best way to do a new route), or as brand new additions.

Thanks for info. Tim.

I would much prefer to arrive at 19:00 than at 05:00.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

This route definitely needs more capacity, and I reckon it won’t be long before the A380 is deployed here, once GRU is able to receive it.

One small correction, all 3 new flights will be on a 4 class 747 not 777, adding significant extra capacity to the route.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi MidasGold

The GDS definitely shows new flights as a 777. I think when it was announced a while back they did say a 747, but it has been switched to a 777 (4 Class). Not that is makes a massive difference.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls