BA incident re Madrid landing

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Interesting article Simon. Hard, or positive landings as I like to call them, are nothing new and I’ve been through many of them, not to mention very hairy landings due to wind, bad weather or icy runways, including a couple where the baggage locker has dropped open without any problem, except perhaps a raised heartbeat!

However I find it strange there are no reports of passenger injuries, or of those on the flight deck, only those of the cabin crew. I wonder what the agenda is here?

esselle
    Participant

The article refers to crew adopting the brace position. Is crew brace position different to pax, given that crew are strapped in across the shoulders as well as the waist?

mkcol74
    Participant

Yes Esselle.

Essentially push yourself backwards into your jumpseat.

1nfrequent
    Participant

Definitely an agenda there. The death occurred a month afterwards and a helluva lot can happen in 4 weeks. There’s nothing in that article that points to a concrete link, just speculation.

About the normal journalistic standards of the Express, methinks.

1F

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Daily Mail has picked up on this story now. Not that they add anything to it except he was found on Hythe beach where my sister lives!!!

Well she doesn’t live on the beach, but in a house close by!

esselle
    Participant

I am struggling a bit with this story; seemingly no “Brace” instruction given, but all eight crew members did, seemingly no passengers injured yet all eight crew members signed off sick, and seemingly the aircraft carried on normal operations post the landing.

Does this make any sense?

BA744fan
    Participant

Sensationalist rubbish from down market tabloids. A man has died who worked on a flight that had a hard landing 4 weeks before. How can the 2 possibly be linked? Absolute garbage written by second rate hacks on a quiet news day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls