BA incident at GRU

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I’m a loyal BA customer and they are always my carrier of choice when flying around the world, but I am becoming increasingly concerned at the number of safety incidents recently.

In the wake of the recent incidents involving flights to/from Copenhagen and yesterday to Riyadh, comes this incident today at GRU that required the evacuation of all passengers.

Information here in Portuguese only unfortunately.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidiano/2013/08/1324772-voo-e-cancelado-apos-combustivel-vazar-de-aviao-no-aeroporto-de-guarulhos.shtml

Are these incidents reflective of a relatively old fleet, or is something else at play here?

FrDougal
    Participant

Sounds more like a precautionary disembarkation.

But I agree, there seems to be an increase in safety incidents at BA!

millarma
    Participant

Translation for the incident mentioned by TheMidasGold

The British Airways flight 246 bound for Heathrow, England, was canceled on Saturday afternoon after a leaking fuel tanks of the aircraft. The takeoff of the aircraft model Boeing 747-400 was scheduled to occur at 16:15 in Guarulhos, in Greater São Paulo.

The Uruguayan striker’s Internacional of Porto Alegre Diego Forlán was in flight. He travels to Japan, where he will defend the selection of Uruguay against the home team on Wednesday (14). The problem was detected when all passengers had boarded. The Fire Department was at the scene, cordoned off the area and did the cleanup.
    All passengers were told to get off the plane. No employee of the company that made the maintenance of the aircraft known to inform the reason of the problem.

Most of the passengers were placed in hotels in the area. Some will board a flight TAM midnight.

The GRU Airport, which manages the airport, said the fuel leak did not affect other flights. In a statement, British Airways said it “has kept the passengers informed and is working to ensure that all should come to London as soon as possible.” The company also lamented the case and said that “the safety of your passengers is always top priority.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls