BA Happiness Blanket

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

And just how much money has been ploughed into this that could have gone into the actual staff training and better onboard product development?

BigDog.
    Participant

Xuluman – 01/07/2014
    +1
    Excellent.

Given there is already a problem with cleanliness I hope these are not reusable irrespective if they could be dry cleaned.

JohnHarper
    Participant

If this thing really works and I’m sceptical, will BA crew be empowered to do something to improve things if there are too many red blankets to be seen?

This would show a huge shift in culture from the top so I doubt it would happen.

RobertMitchell
    Participant

Reminds me of mood rings. Maybe BA could hand out mood rings to see if we are having a good time! At least we could wear them in other situations.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Who remembers when back in the 70’s I think Air Jamaica stewardesses had to perform a striptease for the gents in First. Now that would put (sorry ladies) many a man in a good mood!

dutchyankee
    Participant

LP, not quite a strip although they did call it the ‘mid-air strip.’ They actually went to the Galley and changed, and then would have a brief fashion parade through the whole aircraft . Saw it once on a 727, and even on a DC9-50 from Miami to Kingston. As a kid, I thought it was hilarious, but the adult men really did enjoy. Maybe airlines can try this to have people pay attention to the safety videos!

TMConsulting
    Participant

dutchyankee, one airline sort of did try it for their safety video:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100232/video-anz-hires-supermodels-for-safety-video

dutchyankee
    Participant

It has my attention and I’m only in a lounge right now!! 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

I’m sure that in the halcyon days when cabin crew were called stewardesses, BA/BOAC garbed them up in paper dresses when flying to the Caribbean?

And whatever happened to Hooter Airlines?……….Ooooohhh Matroooon!!

So bringing it back on topic………blankets definitely needed!

tworoose
    Participant

i too remember the Air Jamaica fashion show fondly (and i am a woman) en route from JFK to Kingston in the mid-70’s – i also remember fondly that because we were a non-US airline, we were able to save flight time by flying over Cuba (including the not-yet-wellknown base at Guantanamo) – and i remember most fondly the daiquiri bar between deplaning and baggage claim where you could get a kicka** drink for 25 cents…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks for the correction Dutchyankee. I’d never seen it for myself but urban myth had accelerated it to a full strip.

Daiquiri bar Tworoose? Wow, bring that back please 😉

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The video describing the blanket is here

http://youtu.be/9oF0-28MOoU?list=UUSs-N1quBfssFcYyqm6V_oA

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Are any of the findings as reported on the BA You Tube video as startling as Germany’s 7-1 victory over Brazil or just as expected as the 1-0 German win over Argentina….

Glad to see the BA continue to float with the fairies…. zzzzzzzzzzz time for a nap!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls