BA GUF1 & GUF2 tier points

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• WearyWeagie
    Participant

Hello all,

I’ve recently booked my third batch of flights using my gold upgrade vouchers to go from Premium Economy to Business class. One of those bookings was an avois booking so doesn’t have any tier points associated.
    When I did my first revenue seat upgrade I also received the business class airmiles and tier points for this journey as a result.
    However, having just booked again for the same scenario, I am only receiving the airmiles and tier points for the PE class and not the upgraded Business class.

Was the mistake in the first booking and I received bonus tier points by mistake or is the mistake in the new booking?

Or has BA changed the rules once again to disadvantage loyal customers???

nibbler
    Participant

You were always supposed to get the booking class points; there was a bug in the IT system. Given the state of BA IT, app website check in systems … i’m surprised this percolated to the top of the list and they fixed it.

It was reported on flyertalk around March that BA fixed the bug in their booking system so future bookings would get the rules applied correctly.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MDK
    Participant

I have always received the tier points and Avios of the cabin I travelled in when using the Gold Upgrade voucher.

You don’t get the higher level when using Avios to upgrade

nevereconomy
    Participant

Might this fall into the category of having one’s cake and wanting to eat it, too?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls