British Airways Golden ticket

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• BugAdvisor
    Participant

I flew Virgin Atlantic upper class LHR-LAX a few weeks ago. The cabin crew were excellent, with one in particular going above and beyond. I remarked that Virgin don’t seem to have the same scheme (I’m both BA and Virgin Gold) and that I was tempted to give them my BA Golden Ticket. But I resisted as if that was used as a PR stunt, my name would be Mud on all BA flights!

EasternPedlar
    Participant

I’ve just discovered an old Golden Ticket card dating back to 2014. Is there any point in handing it out to someone for good service, or are the cards only valid for the year mentioned on them ?

Stowage222
    Participant

EP – hand it out if it is deserved. I doubt the year of issue has any relevance given what RFerguson says. It will go on file anyway and then forgotten.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Gave one last week on a short haul purser who really managed a number of situations rather well, always with a smile. The feedback I got was really nice: “It really means a lot to me” she said. So may-be this is just one line in her profile. But it was nice to see her appreciating the fact I considered she made an outstanding job.

onajetplane
    Participant

@ seasonedtraveller – 09/11/2015 23:41 BST
    Absolutely agree!

@ rferguson – 09/11/2015 19:35 BST
    I always find your input fascinating, honest and very insightful – thank you!

I recently handed out my golden ticket on a LHR-BHD flight on the last flight of the day. I will never forget the face of crew member – seemed genuinely shocked and delighted (I told him I would give it to him, and submitted my ticket online that same evening) – yet I always wondered what happened/what did he get as I heard nothing more from BA.

K1ngston
    Participant

rferguson to your point about staff generally getting the Golden Ticket in First is sad as its the staff who work in the other cabins who should be recognised for their efforts.

If only I could give my other ticket to the wonderful guy in the Executive Card office in Singapore who is the most patient, helpful person ever and is a credit to BA but I believe its only for crew?

Sadly I have never been in first (paid for) and will travel either J, WTP or in many cases Y and I have given my golden ticket to the person who

a) Recognises the fact I am a BAEG and even we have to travel in the back sometimes
    b) Goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly even though the conditions are not the best
    c) And in this case realising my status went and got me a paper, made sure I was served my choice of food and did so with a smile and grace.

The look of surprise on her face when I gave her the ticket made my trip and I hope it serves as a reminder that whatever class we travel in sometimes a little recognition goes a long way!

For once I can happily say Well done BA

openfly
    Participant

@onajetplane….great gesture. But he probably “looked shocked and delighted” because he didn’t know what to do with the Golden Ticket! They are supposed to be submitted officially through your Exec Club page…you will find a sub-heading for Golden Tickets. That makes it official. I don’t think it counts if you hand it to the individual!

@KIngston A Golden Ticket can be given to any member of BA staff, or their agents. But, as I said above, only counts if it is awarded via your Exec Club page. If it is handed over I gather that the “internal process” can get confused as to what to do with it, and how!

NTarrant
    Participant

Openfly- so what actually is the point of giving them to people to give to staff if it doesn’t count. That doesn’t seem to make sense as I have three gold tickets which I am yet to hand out. If as you say is correct what is the point of going to the expense of printing them and sending them out?

Given the comments by the other posters, the staff seem full of joy in receiving one, which doesn’t seem to stack up with what you suggest.

christopheL
    Participant

IMO the golden tickets are the height of patronizing. It remembers me when I was at primary school.

rferguson
    Participant

@ K1ngston – you can nominate anyone and also do it online 🙂

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/execclub/_gf/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=golden_tickets

onajetplane
    Participant

@ openfly – 15/06/2016 06:25 BST

Yes I made sure to submit the request online later that evening. It just struck me that it would be nice to actually have some feedback/hear what happens after such a gesture.

openfly
    Participant

@onajetplane……totally agree with you. The paper ticket is to remind you that there is such a thing! But to ensure it gets to the correct managers it is best to do it through BA.com…..seems daft, but….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls