BA Gold perks on Aer Lingus (if any)

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

I am sure this was discussed in the past. Since I could not find the discussion, I am using the fallacious excuse of a needed update to open a new thread. Sorry.

What are, if any, the BA Gold members’ perks when flying Aer Lingus in 2018?

rodders
    Participant

If you book on the EI flight code then only avios.

If you book using a BA flight code then the usual tier points and miles as per BA.

Just beware the EI reservation system is not aligned with the BA system, so selecting seats etc can be tricky, and their interlining of luggage at Dublin if going to the US can be spotty to say the least, but friendly service and US pre-clearance is good and welcoming in Ireland, unlike a recent arrival in IAD, when I was asked by the CBP person if my wife was “educated”.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks. Seat selection being critical, I booked on Aer Lingus website. I wondered whether fastracks or lounge accesses were now possible or not.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I haven’t done this for a while but I could always use fastrack and the Gold Circle lounge using my BA Gold when booked on EI ex LHR

rferguson
    Participant

The lounge access rules are pretty non straightforward.

At LHR any EI or BA ticket will get you in to the EI lounge at T2 with a BA gold or silver card. The ticket doesn’t have to be issued by BA.

In Dublin or Shannon it’s the same situation as above….but only if you are flying to LHR or LGW. If you are flying to any other destination, forget it.

Departing LGW – If you have a GOLD BA card you can use the BA lounge when flying EI although this has to be under a BA codeshare with BA flight number. An EI ticket/BA silver card will give no access.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, RF. No change as I can see… Since I am not travelling from London…

openfly
    Participant

A question…..why is the lounge accessibility not given a page in the Exec Club part of BA.com? Probably too difficult!!

TominScotland
    Participant

Openfly

I have had this conversation in both LHR and DUB. My understanding is that it is the EI Lounge team being nice, rather than an entitlement. That explains why it is not on ba.com.

Nogbad01
    Participant

I have experienced this. When flying TO London from Dublin no probs using the lounge. When on the return leg and waiting for a Manchester flight (all part of same booking on BA codeshare), I was initially refused access, but then the nice lady took pity on me and let me in.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Yes, it is probably non written “policies” that apply often…

openfly
    Participant

@Swissdiver….good point. So, it’s about time the BA Exec Club told us what the policies are, and give guidance , in writing, to their staff and third party lounges.

Tom….could you please bring this up when you next speak to an appropriate manager in BA…if there is one left??!!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Just got refused at DUB, EI lounge. I was told the agreement with BA was only covering LHR and LGW. No other destination, no other airport, no other program (BAEC only, not Iberia for instance). So this seems to be the rule… Alternatively it costs EUR 30.00.

Swissdiver
    Participant

This thread started in the world before. Do we have any update regarding these policies?

Brossie1
    Participant

Don’t bother to book Aer Space. It’s a rip off. Lounge in London and Dublin closed. All other lounges seem to be open. Meant to receive complimentary drinks and snacks got charged on both sectors. Crew don’t seem to know the deal for Aer space even when I showed them details was ignored.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls