BA Galleries Lounges at T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

Flying out of Heathrow T5 tomorrow and have access to the BA Galleries lounges.

I understand there are two. Is there any difference between the them? Do they both have views of the runways?

Californian
    Participant

I recommend Galleries South. The lounge is bigger, nicer and has better facilities. If you are flying out of T5B there is a lounge there but it’s not as impressive as Galleries South. If you are flying first or are a gold card holder you will have access to the first lounge (or Concorde room if flying first) at the south lounges but I don’t believe there is an equivalent at T5B. And, yes, you will have a nice view of the airfield from the South lounges.

flier74
    Participant

Hi BA744fan. I assume you refer to the Galleries Club Lounges. Yes there are 2, North and South. They both offer the same product, South is larger and can be a little bit more crowded but you can never tell. There is also another one B Gates which is handy if your flight leaves from there as you can have more time in there and this is generally quieter. And yes both North South Lounges have runway views
    Have a good time and safe travels

ImissConcorde
    Participant

But *do not* go to 5B until you are sure that you flight will definitely leave from there. Returning to 5A, if necessary, could cause you to miss your flight.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There are actually three Galleries lounges at T5. In the “main” T5A there are two, North and South (South is better, and close to the Spa). There is also another lounge in T5B which has a mini-Spa, but you must not go there unless your flight is departing T5B.

If you are flying longhaul in Club or First, don’t forget to visit the Elemis Spa as soon as you get to the South lounge complex for a treatment pre-flight.

The South lounge complex is nicer than the North, but less good if you’re flying Domestically as it’s further away from the gates used by Dom.

I’d recommend you use South Security (near the First check-in) for a whole host of reasons too lengthy to list here; trust me, it’s worth the schlep.

While you’re in the Galleries lounge, do seek out the ice cream which is delicious.

It’s not called Galleries for nothing, so take some time between looking at the aircraft taking off to sample some of the artwork – the BA Museum provided some great vintage posters from the Collection.

Binman62
    Participant

VK is right that there is a spa however I would be surprised if you can get a treatment on the day. It is hard enough getting one 30 days out but please do feedback your experience.

My last venture into the south lounge was hugely disappointing with litter everywhere uncleared tables and the seats, especially by the windows worn and tatty. The First lounge and Concorde room are significantly better and the north lounge is in my view better than the galleries south. The lounge in T5B is also better and there is a spa there also.
    Hope you enjoy it and please do feedback

VintageKrug
    Participant

A somewhat predictable reply above.

Though we can’t be certain, the issue with your inability to get an appointment seems to have been that you called before the Spa had opened its window for booking, hence the inability to get an appointment.

Even if you can’t get a therapist, there is often the option of the massage chair.

It’s only fair to balance your statement with the information that a few days later (possibly when the booking window opened) you had no difficulty arranging an appointment via email for both you and your wife, at your preferred time for your Avios redemption booking in F (for which there is also, apparently, no availability).

Previously, you complained there was no facility to pre-book. Now there is, you complain there is no availability even when you yourself were successful in getting two treatments on a redemption booking over the peak Easter period.

No pleasing some people.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

On the rare occasions I grace BA with my presence I don’t even both to try and use the spa. I’ve found booking appointments next to impossible.

I wouldn’t either get too excited about any of the T5 lounges, if you want to see a real C lounge, go to the QR one in T4. It puts the BA offerings to shame.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I was in the B pier lounge last Saturday and it was clean and tidy, though quite busy.

The last time I ventured into Galleries South, it was just as Binman described, apparently the staff were overwhelmed by a lot of.

Given the takeover of bmi, we may have a year where status matched pax inflate the numbers, before they have to re-qualify on the more challenging BA thresholds.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Well, I was in there a couple of days ago and it was pristine, apart from one recently vacated table.

I went for a stroll as hadn’t been in there in ages and wanted to see whether it really was the seventh gate of Hell I would expect it to be, going on some of the descriptions written here.

Pleased to see my expectations were dashed, and others’ experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Don’t forget to ask for a glass of fizz from the waiters, as they don’t leave it out on the counter.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I agree with Binman. The BA Galleries lounges can be mucky usually due to passengers who are generally messy and staff not always around. Thank fully this for me is not always the case and only ever had that problem once. Another problem i have noticed especially in the CCR is that the seat padding needs replacing. The massage chair are just plain awful as it make me feel sick so i dont bother. I actually prefer the Galleries North as I find it much quieter.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I haven’t been in the business lounge for a while but I did find South to be much better if busy.
    The first lounge can be a little overwhelmed by numbers and trying to order from the menu needs determination.
    On a visit to the Concorde lounge a few weeks ago on route to Manchester it was evident that there was a lack of staff as there were dirty plates and glasses left at unoccupied tables this was more noticeable on the balcony.
    I am also aware that the charming and efficient East European ladies have been replaced with less efficient men ! Although maybe I was unlucky that twice I have had them fail to remember my order.
    I do not often use the spa in the departures lounge but have always managed to get an appointment even when I have been told via email there was no availability. But I may have been lucky. I always always always use the spa in the arrivals lounge and my only gripe would be that I arrive before the spa staff so have to hang around to book.
    BA744fan perhaps you could do a lounge review it would be good to see it through fresh eyes.

BA744fan
    Participant

I will endeavour to do a review on my return.

Thanks for everyone’s input. Always good to hear what regular travellers have to say.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Do try for an Infinity Bath if you are travelling in F.

I’ve never been brave enough to let them overflow, though….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls