BA fuel surcharge INCREASES

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Senator
    Participant

Not perhaps to everyone’s taste, but I find the best value for my Avios when I am in North America and need to have short trips domestically on AA. Of course, not everyone in here have a need to fly US domestic flights under 650 miles, but on AA these offer stellar value.

In August I was in New York, and I wanted to take someone to North Carolina with me. I wanted a direct flight as we only had about 2 1/2 days available to us. So I would flights between La Guardia (LGA) and Richmond, VA (RIC). AA wanted $950 per person return in cash, and the return for two with Avios was 2 x 2 x 4,500 Avios + $10.. Unbelievable value..

Shamsh1
    Participant

You are right Sentor, the only way to make use of Avios is spending them on other One World airlines, like LAN, CX, QF. But the longhaul flight with BA always has to be paied in full; not even upgrades are available for pretty much all longhaul BA-destinations.

Isn’t BA aware that this is not at all a reward scheme for their most loyal premium pax, but indeed a burden, not to say a joke? I am also a LH-frequent traveller and (almost) never had a problem to book reward-flights against miles.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

News today in the Sydney Morning Herald that Virgin Australia is cutting its fuel surcharge on flights between Australia and the USA.

But no fuel surcharge cuts on flights (from Australia) to AbuDhabi which are operated in conjunction with Etihad.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/virgin-to-remove-fuel-surcharges-puts-pressure-on-qantas-to-follow-suit-20150122-12vjge.html

MrMichael
    Participant

AlexM, that suggests that either fuel is cheaper in the USA than AbuDhabi, (i doubt it) or that the whole fuel surcharge thing is a scam.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Interestingly, a litre of petrol in Dallas is 59-pence and in Abu Dhabi it’s 76-pence!

You know how some businesses have ‘LTD’, ‘LLP’, ‘INC’ etc in their name? Well maybe airlines should be obliged to add ‘SCAM’ to theirs

SCAM = “See Customer And Muggem”

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls