BA flight delayed by curtain divider

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

A good one even by BA standards.

A good chunk of the delay on a flight from Seville was due to a fault with the rag separating business and economy….

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ba-flight-london-gatwick-seville-british-airways-faulty-curtain-fog-b1039780.html

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

What you might call an open and shut issue !!

3 users thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Probably someone in economy complained that it was not enough protection from the riff-raff in Business !

1 user thanked author for this post.

DNAdams
    Participant

I just returned from Prague in CE and there was no curtain at all fitted to separate CE from ET. Flight full and entire cohort of ET passengers proceeded to use the front toilet. Basically, I spent the whole two hour flight with a queue next to me and someone’s backside constantly in my face and leaning my seat.

While the crew were serving the pathetic stale offering they called ‘afternoon tea’ (on 2pm flight) there was a queue of several ET passengers trying to get past the trolly to get back to their seats and stepping into my seat space to do so. Crew did nothing to stop it even though it was causing them problems too.

Food was dire, stale and no choice. Staff rude and dismissive. Same old BA.

2 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1245817]

So my question is “Where was the Cabin Services Director”?. ( or whatever the perosn in charge of the cabin is called now)

DNAdams
    Participant

CathayLoyalist2

She (Cabin Lead as she was titled) was there and allowing this to happen. Blamed the lack of curtain for toilet usage and offered me a bag of crisps when I complained food was inedible. Took no responsibility whatsoever for anything. I have emailed complaint to Doyle.

Frederic
    Participant

what an horrible ordeal… I can’t even imagine the dreadful thought of your dearly paid business class space being occupied by plebeian hordes of economy class passengers, you have all my compassion, you should contact without delay your local MP, it is of such vital importance than anything else is absolutely insignificant (war in Ukraine, climate change, inflation …) have nevertheless a good day

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1245827]

That’s really rich. A bag of crisps.

Club Europe is expensive and I believe you should get better service than you have described in this thread.

5 users thanked author for this post.

DNAdams
    Participant

Frederic,

Are you particularly angry inside at the moment or just a vacuous troll all the time?

Clearly the OP was posting about a curtain on a BA plane, mine was too. Not sure of the purpose or relevance of your effort though. At no point did I use the language you chose to use throughout it or was I offensive, entitled or judgemental, only describing a disappointing and uncomfortable BA CE experience. Business travel discussions is kind of what I thought this forum was use for. If you want to post about the War in Ukraine or climate change then I am sure there are plenty websites dedicated to them that you can vent on.

I really can’t see the relevance of this topic to wars, climate change or inflation and yes, I get the ‘first world problems’ tag.

However, you seem to think you are entitled to judge someone, put words in their mouth and try to belittle them and cancel out their experience by comparing its importance to completely unrelated worldwide events of which I have no control over, nor do you know how these things may affect me and my family in my life, clearly nor do you care as you seem to think you are entitled to cancel out and mock someone you don’t even know or know anything about. Nice.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1245847]

Frederic, sadly I can only assume that you set your bar very low when it comes to standards and thus happy to accept said low standards. Do you approach your work obligations with the same indifference?.

Frederic
    Participant

no, I am not particularly angry inside, nor am I a troll for that matter!! well, you mentioned “the cohort of ET passengers” and the backsides constantly on your face…
    I JUST TRY TO POINT OUT THAT YOUR POST WAS RIDICULOUS, WITH SOME DERISION … surely it is a minor incident not worth writing to Mr Doyle to complain

I just noticed that participants in this forum are lacking any sense of humour, sad

you are right I do NOT know you and I am not missing it

Frederic
    Participant

CL2, I am retired but my standards at work were quite high, thank you for caring …!!
    it is not INDIFFERENCE but I tend to put things into perspective, minor incidents are indeed MINOR and not worth all that fuss

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1245862]

Frederic why do you take it on yourself to challenge a poster (who submits a factual and wholly valid criticism) by suggesting they are focused on the wrong things in life?

Frankly I thing it is simply wrong of you to do so, and perhaps it would be more elegant if you were to just accept that your comments were not in keeping with the ethos of this Forum?

FDOS
    Participant

[postquote quote=1245853]

I agree that one deserves better, which is why I only fly CE when it is the only viable option.

Quite honestly, I’d rather pay for 2-3 seats on a loco and bring something to eat.

DNAdams
    Participant

Thank you for the positive posts, I really do feel it was a waste of money and that CE is no different from ET – inside the cabin at least.

I went to Prague for cataract surgery so treated myself and my husband to something we thought would be a treat, especially post treatment. We couldn’t have been more wrong, going out was ok, choice of food, quiet separate cabin, grumpy staff but return was the complete opposite (even grumpier staff) and not even being able to use the loo was a real issue for me.

The use of the front toilet from passengers in ET and the constant queue of over 6 or 7 passengers really did disrupt and ultimately totally compromise the food and drinks service and cause both staff and the passengers (both CE and ET) at lot of frustration and upset as there doesn’t seem to be a separate cabin anymore. Can’t really see the point of it now.

Agree with FDOS better off paying for an extra seat and taking one’s own food if needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls