BA flight delayed 26 hours – compensation ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Crawford
    Participant

BA flight delayed by 26 hours due to a plane swap, backup plane had tech issue at point of takeoff. All passengers sent home / left to find own accommodation at LHR at 2 in the morning.

Flight takes off the following day 3 hours late due to inability of BA to reconcile bags to travelling passengers.

Long haul flight to Africa – most passengers on holiday / safari, most really struggling at Christmas to book new internal flights mi have just driven 1,100 km in a day to get to the right place

That’s the issue – my question is, other than statutory EU compensation, should I expect anything from BA on top ? I am Gold as is my partner ? If so, where is the best place to start a claim at BA ?

Thanks

flier74
    Participant

Other than statutory compensation (€600 per person) and incurred costs for duty of care during the delay, I.e. hotel, food or transport, nothing else is due.
    As a gesture of goodwill BA may offer you some Avios on top of that but they don’t have to.

If it was a through booking to the final destination by air then this should be sorted for those travellers who missed connections. If it was separate tickets well unfortunately they be on their own and have to sort this by means of travel insurance or out of their own pocket.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls