BA First Reward seats to Barbados x2……

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Stormin
    Participant

I know this isn’t a great use of the Forum but I’m just letting you know that I’ll be releasing 2x BA First reward seats back to BA this week.

Friday 11th May – Friday 18th May

So if you’re interested – I’ll release back to BA mid week

DanielRawson
    Participant

Personally I think it’s brilliant use of the forum. Just a shame I can’t do those dates!

openfly
    Participant

Great idea but there is the possibility that BA might retain the reward seats for sale at commercial fares.

capetonianm
    Participant

I also think it’s an excellent idea, very public spirited, and could have been of interest but we plan to go to Barbados earlier in the year than May.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Stormin – I think you did very well to snaffle two F reward seats in the first place to BGI!

We were there earlier this year, and having checked BA.com a number of times could never see any F seats, even 355 days ahead.
    That said we had no flexibility with our dates in Feb, though ultimately happy to have obtained 2 reward seats in J.

Great of you to share as there may well be a poster or two keen to grab some hard to come by seats.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I imagine timing may be everything. If the seats do go back into general avios population, would it be instantaneous…?

capetonianm
    Participant

Without knowing exactly how the inventory system is parametered for that flight, it is impossible to guess.

There are 3 YM classes in the F cabin, F, A, and Z, the latter is the one used for redemption. Depending on loads, a seat released back to Z might stay there, if A or F are waitlisted it would probably go into those classes.

Based on what I can see, that is to say the number of people actually booked in F, A, and Z, I am reluctant to take a guess. The flights are far from being full in any class.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls