BA FIRST priority bag delivery

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Gold-2K
    Participant

Passed through T5 baggage reclaim and noticed at carousel 9 (and some others) a zoned off area marked FIRST for passengers from JFK & LAX to collect their bags.

Have I missed this or are they finally trying to get on top of priority baggage delivery …… for First class at least?

Henryp1
    Participant

If this is a new system, It would be interesting to know if this was first class customers or for all priority tagged bags. If this is for all tagged bags, then not much of an advantage for first customers.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Gold-2K – it’s a trial for arrivals from New York JFK, Los Angeles, Dubai and Johannesburg.

Henryp1 – ROTFL – most decent airlines deliver first and business class as priority, in that order.

The other news is that BA is trialling a bus for First class pax on remote stands – business class pax who may have paid several thousand quid for their journey will have to lump it with the hoi polloi, unlike Emirates and other decent airlines.

NB: both initiatives are trials, not across the board and permanent service upgrades.

Gold-2K
    Participant

It’s branded as FIRST.
    I experienced the First bus last week on a return from Boston. Actually was better than a C gate and a train ride.

The bit they need to sort out is on the outbound which was also a bus from gate 10. I was in first and crammed on a bus with everyone else. Completely Rubbish – nothing elegant or refined about that!!!!

I’m travelling to LAX at end of week so will wait with baited breath for my priority luggage on my return to LHR.

Gold-2K
    Participant

Well, shock horror, the trial seems to be working. Arrived LHR from LAX on a full A380 and the First bags were delivered first, even ahead of the crew bags.

Usual mess up with a “learner driver” on attaching the air bridge meant the upper deck was practically all off before door 2 was finally attached, but at least meant less than a 5 minute wait at baggage reclaim.

Let’s hope it survives beyond a trial period. Big improvement.

stevescoots
    Participant

Not Working at T3 for sure, arrived last week on CX flight. My bag was tagged first, Mail and crew bags first, then standard……..all the priority bags were last out and then only as some of us took it upon ourselves to take some bags off the belt as it was full because i would guess many of the economy passengers were still in immigration

Flightlevel
    Participant

Good system if followed because most airports don’t use the procedure and bags arrive randomly.
    Like making sure small sticker is put on your bag from the label – then if the label’s lost the bag won’t be!

esselle
    Participant

It’s only a BA initiative, so other airlines won’t be offering it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=868889]Not Working at T3 for sure, arrived last week on CX flight. [/quote]

Not sure why you think a BA initiative would apply to a CX flight, Steve???

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=869169]

Not Working at T3 for sure, arrived last week on CX flight.

Not sure why you think a BA initiative would apply to a CX flight, Steve???[/quote]

I was generalising about priorty bags at LHR in general 🙂 a bit of topic slip

Henryp1
    Participant

Looking forward to the overall results and if this will be a permanent system for customers travelling in F and J at LHR.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I still don’t get the point of this thread, discussing an issue that ought to be not an issue… BA offer “Priority baggage handling” for business, First and Gold (or so I thought).. now there is a new initiative to actually try and deliver the service..

I don’t think its a race to the bottom any longer… I think the board know they have already reached the bottom and are trying the climb back up….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

BA offer “Priority baggage handling” for business, First and Gold (or so I thought)

It’s not advertised anywhere, AFAIK and it is definitel ynot a oneworld benefit, as it is specifically excluded from BA flights on the OW website.

Peter
    Participant

The system was not working yet for BA at Boston on the 25th May as transfer bags and others arrived well before the F labelled bags. The bags on return to T5 on Tuesday did come off first after the crew bags but took ages (nearly 45 minutes) to be delivered from the C terminal. Had the same issue on arrival with slow connection to 2L lower deck door on A380 meaning the gangway was full of the upstairs passengers as we emerged. CSD was not happy with the wait!

American have the same system which works extremely wells experienced at SLC, ORD and BOS. They also have notification via the app as to where bags are at any point and even showed one duffel bag had been delivered early to the baggage office next to the carousel.

Wonder if BA will ever get the boarding priorities to work properly. Had absolute chaos at T5C on outbound flight to BOS. Small gate area and priorities were wheel chairs then anyone with children (US paediatric age is up to 23 years). One would not have imagined there were any F or CW passengers. Wish they would learn from fellow OneWorld partners.

cotswoldsw
    Participant

I experienced this back in January arriving from JNB, when it must have been a new initiative. Someone is employed to take the ‘First’ tagged bags off the carousel and line them up in a little fenced off area. Only on my flight the bags must have been loaded in the wrong order at JNB; there was a very perplexed baggage handler apologising profusely; and a little gaggle of passengers waiting until last for our bags to appear – to the amusement no doubt, of anyone who noticed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls