BA First or Qantas A380

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

fclassflyer
    Participant

I have the opportunity to fly BA First (not sure if it will be New First) or Qantas a380 first class. I would be grateful for any recommendations from those who have experienced both products.

austline
    Participant

I would choose QF A380 over the BA 777 or 747.

BA has a good product but the aircraft used on the Australia route, in particular the 747, are getting dated and who knows if you will get the new F class.

The A380 is a beautiful aircraft and the QF suites are very comfortable. Onboard service is a little less formal than BA but very friendly and the catering and wine are far superior.

Some people have mentioned the noise of people walking past but I have never noticed it. I mentioned it to the crew recenly and they said that there has been an instruction put out to reduce walking through the cabin.

The F lounges are superb in both Melbourne and Sydney.

joeadvisory
    Participant

i have flown to syd twice on Q1st 380. had choice to go on BA. There is no comparison. A380 more spacious, seats bigger and more pvt, u can walk upstairs to strech ur legs and have drink at club bar. try and get row 1a or 1k all the way thru although seems harder on 2nd leg out of singapore – in these seats u have a feeling of being in ur own little pvt haven. food is also much better on Qantas. Noise walking past is slightly noticeable. lastly plane is much quietier than 747/777

janrotterdam
    Participant

FClasstraveller – the only option is Q A380!

macaulay
    Participant

Please don’t imagine Quantas A380’s are perfect in first class.
    Staff are not going to be great on every leg of the route.
    A few months back only the ex London to Singapore team were worth having.
    Worst of all only a curtain separates you in first from economy noise behind.The better cabin is Business upstairs and save some money.
    Dont expect anything flash,Quantas will never over decorate or over spend!!
    As I have said before,yes the A380 is great but so is the flight with several other “Eastern” and “mid Eastern” airlines offering interesting stop over chances,and more interesting service style and pricing .

Binman62
    Participant

QFA380 First is very good but I would not agree that Food ad Wine are better on QF than BA. Given the uncertain nature of the BA first product the A380 may be a better option for you as the product will then be consistent.
    Crew on QF are not a patch on BA on a good day.
    Finally there are continuing issues with reliability on the A380.
    Sydney First Lounge super but you get that no matter who you fly with.
    Given the journey why not go A380 LHR SIN and BA SIN SYD to compare… A F ticket on the JSA should be fully interchangeable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls