BA First food

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Cantobrit
    Participant

People mention stocking up on snacks but I would stock up on water too. On my flight from Dubai yesterday, BA Club World ran out of water bottles…

I can live with reduced food but water is a necessity when flying. And people who pay for a business flight should at the bare bare minimum have access to sufficient water to avoid dehydration (especially when flying from a hot climate like Dubai’s)

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Well I flew BA club world on Wednesday night (Accra-London) and back again on Saturday afternoon.

I won’t turn this into a full trip report, but ‘pretty disappointing’ is a good summary.

Despite the reported return to something approaching the old-style service, all of our meals were boxed.

For the main meal, there was a choice of meat or vegetarian and it was identical on both flights. The meat was a small portion of chili chicken and rice. The starter was green leaves with 3 tiny new potatoes and 3 cherry tomatoes. There was then a tiny chocolate mousse and the tiniest 2 triangles of cheese you have ever seen. For the smaller meal, it was 3 triangles of sandwiches and a kitkat (I have no clue for the breakfast on the way out as it was not offered – just coffee). There was no pre-meal drink service/nuts. So, all in all, pretty poor.

As I said, I won’t get into the rest of the flight too much, but this was my first experience of the new BA business cabin now being rolled out. My conclusion is that it’s a very poor product and that the previous business class on the old 747 was better in every respect, except for the IFE screen and the privacy panel (mine broke on the inward flight). I know that most reviews take a much more positive line on this, but I found it a big let down. Still, the trip to London itself went well and I have all my Christmas shopping sorted!

KSHaggag
    Participant

No European airline comes close to Swiss in terms of food service quality in First ,by any means .People who have been flying Swissair and most recently Swiss know what I mean .

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls