BA First, broken bed. What compensation do I ask for?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• GoonerLondon
    Participant

I think they also recognise that from a brand perspective, when milage redemption bookings have problems like this it can be even more damaging than an equivalent revnue booking – one-off trip with loved one has to be prefect in 1st.

Airpocket
    Participant

Good for you, Evelyn. Will you be flying BA again?

VintageKrug
    Participant

75,000 BA Miles is an excellent result!

Of course one never wants to endure discomfort due to an inop seat, but that result – enough for two of you to fly First one way from London to the USA using an Amex 2for1 voucher – should soften the blow somewhat.

The Manchester based YouFirst team are very helpful indeed.

It’s good to see planes are flying full again.

http://www.ba.com/first

evelynthomas
    Participant

Hi
    Continental Club Re the tax:
    I meant that 1 way tax would have been £125 in 1st and £93 in econ . As seat recline equated to maybe econ plus ( + of course much more padding) then some might argue that £32 in cash + some miles would need to be compensated.
    I feel that BA handled this situation well both on the airline itself and afterwards.
    You First were also very helpful before our outbound journey when I discovered that arrival lounge in JNB would be shut and they agreed alternative arrangements for our transit wait ( which in the event we did not need to take up.)
    Maybe it helped that we were quite calm and accepting that nothing could be done on board and wrote a simple factual non-threatening complaint letter?

Cashsuds
    Participant

There are those who complain for complaints’ sake – There are also those who complain because they want to make the airline a better one for all. Arlines are “human” after all, and a “soft” answer turns away much wrath!!
    A good outcome, I think…. Good on you, Evelynthomas. Better to stock with the “devil” you know than the devil you don’t.

d1rector
    Participant

I have no experience of such extreme problems (I am happy – or lucky – to say) but in my view the compensation should reflect the level of customer expectation; the limited key features of the service offering being purchased; and the premium price being paid – and be a full refund.

acchaladka
    Participant

Hmmm. UA lost my bag on internal flights in the US this week and I’m star alliance gold mostly with Air Canada. I didn’t expect to be misinformed so consistently, promised 12 things by 12 agents which never came true, etc, and to not have my bag today, five days later. I did expect competence and a pretty high standard of care and got….very little. How do you quantify that?

And, is there a site or thread there which tries to compare the different levels of compensation offered for various problems at various airlines?

Kudos to you Evelynthomas on a successful resolution….!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think 75,000 BA Miles is a great result evelynthomas.

That’s enough for a one way in F from mainland Europe (connections would be in Club Europe) via London to San Francisco or LA, OR to upgrade three people round trip on the same route from World Traveller Plus/Premium Economy to http://www.newclubworld.com on the same routing.

It is easy to share levels of compensation received on sites like Business Traveller Forums.

http://www.ba.com/first

ivornomates
    Participant

I had a broekn bed in CW on the upper deck, seems my seat is the most popular one in CW. They found a new seat downstairs. The staff filled in a complaint form and got me to sign it and BA responded with a free upgrade to F on my next flight. I always fly in CW and use them monthly between HKG and LHR

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls