BA First back to its best!

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Nickberry
    Participant

Was lucky enough to fly First on the 380 to Chicago earlier this week…apart from the chaotic gate staff the experience was superb.

Excellent team on board a full flight who welcomed the guests with free flow Champagne (LP Grand Siecle) before take off..

Menu although short was well cooked and presented and served at a great pace….wine list good too..arrived on time and no queue at immigration.Bags off first in 10minutes..Well done BA

Mark
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed the inflight service.
    Hope you didn’t pay anywhere near these prices!

FormerBA
    Participant

I hate to say it but its a fluke!

This is BA and so you were lucky!!

JD_84
    Participant

[postquote quote=1220949]

I don’t think anyone pays anywhere near those prices. The number of full fare F tickets must be few and far between.

Mark
    Participant

There are plenty of them. Paying punters is another matter.
    Full fare economy has gotten me a full row of seats at times.

1 user thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

So lovely to hear you enjoyed your BA first on the A380! I have always found it so nice and the crew who are always welcoming. Sadly in HK, BA (understandably are not flying) and we are stuck with Cathay which overall does not compare to BA.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[quote quote=1223474]So lovely to hear you enjoyed your BA first on the A380! I have always found it so nice and the crew who are always welcoming. Sadly in HK, BA (understandably are not flying) and we are stuck with Cathay which overall does not compare to BA.

THANKS|[/quote]

Christ, to quote John Mcenore, ” you cannot be serious”. For years now sadly BA has been falling further and further behind many airlines. Many comments over the months on this forum about BA generally and First in particular have been critical. CX is light years in front of BA

SimonS1
    Participant

So is BA First still the best business class seat around?

I suppose in future F will be full of cheap upgrades as they consolidate flights and have to fit everyone in.

DannyBoy
    Participant

I once asked an industry insider about what stops BA from developing First class products that compete with the likes of Air France, Singapore Airlines, Emirates etc.
    Surely there is demand for it and passengers that are not short of cash to pay for it?

According to him, historically for BA and most European airlines, First is the least profitable cabin by space. Lufthansa has got rid of most of its First seats, BA about 40%, AF has done a huge cut too, so First is going to be less of a feature of the future. To make a cabin pay, given crew costs, you need a certain ratio of passengers per crew members and it’s very difficult to make that work in a First cabin. It’s easier to fill up an aircraft with economy passengers paying £300 than to get a sufficient number of people to pay say £8,000 for the same trip. By the time you make cash trade offs with redemption bookings, First isn’t an attractive idea for airlines, and the idea that BA would want or need to compete with AF in this space is a non-starter.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jmur
    Participant

At the risk of annoying the Cathay fanboys even more, I can also report a great trip in BA first out to Mexico City on a 787-9 this week. Great seat, excellent attentive crew and food & drink to at least equal what I’ve experienced on the Middle and Far East airlines.

Re costs – we jumped in on day one of a BA holidays sale and are currently enjoying a week in a suite in the Hyatt Regency with BA First return tickets for under £10k all in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls