BA First; A Curates’s Egg

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• esselle
    Participant

A quick LHR-BOM-LHR trip. Both daytime flights.

First Wing at LHR really is great; no waiting and in CCR within 5 minutes of arriving in T5.

All aspects of the CCR experience seem to have greatly improved; welcome, hospitality, service and breakfast all of a high standard.

Boarding from A10 by BA bus shambolic; group 1 joined by families, buggies, Uncle Tom Cobbly etc meaning scrum to get off the bus and up the steps.

Once on board, warm welcome from legacy crew; towel, sleep suit and wash bag all delivered promptly, drink served and post take-off orders taken for drinks and food. Food itself varied and tasty. All in all, a well delivered F experience.

Return flight was a different story. No towels, sleep suit or wash bag (“we don’t offer them on daytime flights”) and overall service level very sloppy. Anybody remember Hi De HI? Food quality not the best. Villa Maria Sauvignon from NZ, which is about £8 a bottle back home.

The biggest disappointment on both sectors, however, was the IFE. Picture quality aside, the content was woeful. I didn’t recognise any of the movies listed under “New Releases” and virtually none of the titles in the various TV categories. It all felt a bit as though we were back in the days of dial-up internet.

Apart from a decent enough seat, nothing really compels me to choose BA F (little other choice to BOM), and I would always go for J in QR or CX given the option.

2 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

The boarding of Group 1 onto the bus is farcical. LHR-AMS last week gate 10 Group 1 boarded the bus first, followed by the rest. The driver didn’t leave until he had squeezed 80 pax into the bus, then waited 5 minutes to move off. Dreadful treatment of all pax, let alone Group 1. More like an overloaded lorry full of sheep going to slaughter!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls