BA farewell B747 fares. Club World for £999

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• duncan1
    Participant

BA has launched a spot sale with 747 seats available in Club World to destinations served by the iconic aircraft. Saturday night stay required, valid for travel 1st November through 31st March. Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Cape Town, Mauritius, Male, Seychelles and loads of US cities.

1 user thanked author for this post.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

I’m confused. Hasn’t BA pulled the 747 entirely now? Or am I confusing it with Qantas?

Bullfrog
    Participant

Qantas have stopped flying ALL international flights .. a really great help to Australians stuck overseas.

Annfro
    Participant

BA’s pulled all 747s fr traffic.
    Never used 747 on MRU, MLE or Seychelles routes either..

DavidSmith2
    Participant

My understanding is that these are flights on other models – but to the destinations that the 747 used to service. So you’ll be on a 350 or a 777, but there are 747 flights available on the promotion. Apologies if I have it wrong.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Mystery solved

SOLD OUT: BA selling 747 Club World return flights for £999 return

..and all sold out.. apparently…

duncan1
    Participant

Apologies, for the confusion. There were 747 seats for sale to past routes operated by the 747 and not all destinations served by the aircraft were included in the offer.

duncan1
    Participant

And by the way of course BA used 747 to both Mauritius and the Seychelles.

Ekond222
    Participant

…I read it as 747 (as in quantity) Club-World seats available at £999 each…as did Duncan…

SenatorGold
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013119][/postquote]

Correct. At one time BA flew the 747 via Nairobi to Seychelles. Later they flew the 747 via Dubai to Seychelles and onward to Mauritius.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I didn’t manage to get a fare of £747 in Club, but I did manage to use 85,000 Avios and £ 590 for a
    LGW – BGI – LHR in First for December travel.

I thought that was quite a good deal.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Managed to get the offer to Las Vegas for £975. Thrilled.

Polly
    Participant

We got similar to Seattle in March.. who knows if we will be able to travel even then..but Always fun to plan…

Polly
    Participant

They had 1000s of seats available, so plenty of people got flights. Whether they get away or not it remains to be seen. Nice tribute to the 747 the queen of the skies tho…

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013615][/postquote]

Polly – I think the operative word is your “had” [1000s of seats]. When earlier this week I booked for NYC for next July, there were very few seats available in WT+ or Club, despite the usual number of flights there showing. With BA’s current policy of permitting cancellations of all booked flights, with return of Avios and 241 vouchers, presumably people are booking on spec, knowing that they can move flights nearer the time, if they want. It’s as if all bookings are “full fare”.

What may be happening is that a major reservoir of Avios/241 bookings is building up, for when things get back to whatever the “new normal” becomes. BA presumably will drop back their Avios seat availability at that time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls