BA F on 773 v BA F on 772

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

ChrisSP
    Participant

Hi all

I have only ever flown F on BA on a 744.

I am flying on a 773 to NRT on BA in F shortly, but I cannot see much information between F on a 772 and F on a 773. I see that seatguru has the seat on a 773 being pitch: 85 and width 32. On the 772 it is 78 and 21 respectively.

Is it simply just NF against OF or is the 773 F product being that much different. If it is different, what are the other improvements?

Happy travels

StephenLondon
    Participant

All 77Ws for BA have New First, so the seat guru stats could reflect this.

No real difference to NF in 772, now that G-VIIS has left Cardiff maintenance (so the 772 refurb, including Thales AVOD installation is now complete) other than the planes are all relatively new, and loos are at the rear of the cabin rather than the front.

pdtraveller
    Participant

The 777W product is the same seat as all other new first seats but there is a little more space given over to each of them. I can’t say it makes much difference and the galley noise in row 1 is just as bad on 777W as on 772 or row 5 on 747. Might have been better if the extra inches had in part been given over to better loos. BA have the worst F loos of any major airline.

Tim2soza
    Participant

The BA F seats on a 777 provide much more leg space (width) than a 747 – This photo set shows this. All photos are 777’s unless specified. Centre seats in the 777’s give the most personal space.

Bucksnet
    Participant

There is no way the seat width is 32 inches. 21 is more like it, and that is too narrow for a first class seat.

ChrisSP
    Participant

Hi all

Thanks for the info. appreciate the photos Tim2sms. A picture tells a thousand words.

Hi Bucksnet, this what seatguru states for the 77W:

Seating details Seat map key

Pitch Width Seating details
    First Class 85.0 32.0
    14 closed suites

Club World Class 73.0 21.37
    56 lie-flat seats

World Traveller Plus Class 38.0 18.5
    44 standard seats

World Traveller Class 31.0 17.5
    185 standard seats

I agree compared to most other F airlines, 21 does seem narrow and on many carriers now that is quite narrow for Business.

Best

LHR_Fan
    Participant

Also all BA 77W’s are kitted out with the THALES IFE system as opposed to Rockwell Collins AVOD which is on the 747’s and some of the 777-200’s.

THALES system has a much wider selection of IFE and is more reliable.

londonlad
    Participant

Try and avoid the first and last rows in the F cabin to avoid noise/light from the galleys.

cwoodward
    Participant

If possible try to avoid BA 1st altogether.
    For the last at least 5 years (perhaps longer) it has lagged very very far behind the best 12 or so world airlines that take 1st class seriously .
    Many believe that BA 1st is one of the 10 best business class experiences and in my opinion that is correct but even then only if there is a ‘good’ crew.

BA 1st was saved for a while by the excellent legacy crews(sadly no more) even with the hardware well past its use by date the food and service saved the experience from being the over priced sad experience that it has now become.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1348189]

My last few F experiences (all many years ago now!) provide good evidence of your overall opinion.

“The girl who know how to work the espresso machine is in the toilet”

“The champagne isn’t chilled but I can put an ice cube in it for you”

Harbord1
    Participant

A couple of years ago was in BA First and was offered a red wine which was clearly corked and undrinkable. I got the attention of the crew member and told them the bad news and she said ‘it can’t be corked – I only just opened it’. Sums up today’s service levels.

On the other hand recalling an F flight about 35 years ago, the nice mature steward, once he had finished carving the chateaubriand, asked me if I would like to try their special whisky – Johnnie Walker Blue Label. I said yes please. I only had one large measure but at the end of the flight the steward told me that he didn’t want the remainder of the bottle to go to waste and so covertly gave it to me to take away. Marvellous.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

BA also fail to impress in premium economy
    Judging from this revue in Simply Flying the premium economy HKG-LHR is pretty damming particularly if compared to the Cathay offering on the same route.
    From recent revues of both I am comparing the seat /space, the drink offering the food offering and the general ambience and service also the lounge.

Clearly BA are just not in the same league as the better of the Asian airlines.

https://simpleflying.com/review-hong-kong-london-premium-economy-british-airways-boeing-787/

norbert2008
    Participant

I have a feeling that some airlines are just downgrading service in Premium no pre take of drink, I have to say I hate plastic glasses and second meal just economy one.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Far easier ex LHR to jump into Pret to pick up some food and carry on. Just wish I had the chutzpah to ask cabin crew to warm it up for me :)…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls