BA Extended Breakfast

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• GoonerLondon
    Participant

I Do remember the GB airways food as it happens – which I thought was awful. They were always apologizing saying they would be getting mainline BA catering very soon.

I’ve just completed a BA CE flight to Faro (An ex-GB Airways route) and had a very good dinner both ways.

LynnWood
    Participant

“It’s free, you still get a drink, and it is the only operator on domestic UK sectors to offer such ‘frills’.”

Incorrect! BMI serves the parts of UK that BA sloughed off as does Eastern Airways – both of these serve free drinks and either snacks, breakfast or nibbles (depending on the time of day – oh and the whim of those in charge – just like BA!).

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Sorry to contradict – but BMI does charge for refreshment unless you have a status card or are flying in business class.

i cant comment on Eastern though.

excessbaggage
    Participant

That’s true Gooner London, but you only need a Blue Plus card (i think that’s what it’s called) to get the free snack and drink with Bmi which is pretty easy to earn after a couple of flights from memory.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Its a fair point. But its not the same as a commitment to free refreshments for all. There is a lot of knocking of BA, some of it justified. But they have made a clear commitment to continue to provide complementary refreshments and bar service to all classes, all fair types and all travellers. Surely that is something we all welcome?

One other thing. Air France offerers free refreshments on their domestic flights from LCY. So I was wrong to say only BA.

LynnWood
    Participant

Sorry to re-contradict, but as a recent veteran of Aberdeen to Manchester on BMI, I can confirm that drink, snacks and food are free without having to produce my blue card (but did have to on an Aberdeen to London flight).

NTarrant
    Participant

Eastern Airways provide hot drinks and soft cold drinks as well as champagne on all its flights. You are offered a sweet on take off and again before landing. You are also shown a basket containing various bags of crisps, nuts, cheese snips, kit-kat, twix etc for you to choose what you want. I can’t say if this is the same on their Scandinavian routes but I have travelled SOU-LBA and NCL and have always received really good service from the one cabin crew member.

GoonerLondon you are right that BA have committed to providing free refreshments (actually they are not free they are included in the price of your ticket) in all classes. It is unlikely that we will ever get back to the days when scones and cream were dished out on afternoon domestic flights and a full breakfast was served LHR-MAN (not a panini), but gradually the offerings on some journeys are not “perfectly” suited to the time of day.

LynnWood
    Participant

Ah but sadly, the champagne on Eastern Airways has just turned into Sloe gin (on the Aberdeen-Southampton route anyway) – pity…..!

Travellator
    Participant

Aberdeen to Manchester is BMi Regonal and free drink and snacks are offered.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls