BA Extended Breakfast

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

Endured this on BA flight leaving AGP at 11.25.

Absolute rubbish – nothing like Breakfast more a reduced Lunch.

So where now BA Club Europe – skinny seats and poor food ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Do write and tell them what you thought of it; unless people do, nothing will change:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/custrelform/public/en_gb?refevent=contact_us

Travellator
    Participant

And when was the last time they heeded any passenger comments !

NTarrant
    Participant

About a year ago I complained at not getting a sandwich on a LGW-MAN flight at 1210. Only a biscuit or bag of nibbles. I was told that this is what customers wanted and that after breakfast only these types of snacks were available. A month or so later returning MAN-LGW we got a sandwich.

Certainly on domestic services the catering is erratic at best. LHR-EDI at 2100 a chicken salad. EDI-LHR 1145 a biscuit. I have written to Willie Walsh and await his or someones reply.

RoadKing
    Participant

What is the maximum time in the air for domestic flights on the islands? (I presume it is not only England when you say domestic)

Let me guess, 1 hr 10 minutes perhaps?

I’d say it is such a waste to mess around serving food during such a short trip.

If you take a bus/taxi/snailrail from London central to Heathrow it takes you 45 minutes or around that. Do you eat then?

Eat before you board, or after.

Travellator
    Participant

Flight in question was european flight of 3 hours.

Snacks available in european lounge minimal.

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

RoadKing: While good advice for getting something reasonable to eat, it is not always practical. After a full afternoon of meetings, rushing to the airport, going through the airport security and boarding process there is not always time to have a meal.

Eating on board can be the first down time, before further travelling on arrival.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

To be fair – as far as domestic flights are concerned they make it pretty clear what you can expect catering wise. It’s free, you still get a drink, and it is the only operator on domestic UK sectors to offer such ‘frills’.

“Our professional and highly trained crew will be pleased to offer you complimentary food and drink, perfectly suited to the time of day and length of your flight.

On flights to and from London Heathrow

Before 10am we serve a hot breakfast so that you are ready to start your day.
    Between 12pm and 2pm and from 3.30pm onwards you can enjoy a sandwich, chocolate bar, and drinks from our full bar service.
    A salad is served on all of our Scottish flights after 3.30pm on weekdays.
    At all other times light snacks are served along with your choice of drinks.

On flights to and from London Gatwick

Before 10am you can start your day with a hot breakfast.
    After 3.30pm you can enjoy a sandwich, chocolate bar and drinks from our full bar service.
    At all other times complimentary light snacks are served along with your choice of drinks.
    Please note that the information provided about food and drink on-board is subject to change and availability.”

Travellator
    Participant

Was referring in particular to the Extended Breakfast offering in Club Europe not Traveller.

Not good enough for Business Class !

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Quite so – but like most conversations, we’ve moved on…

Travellator
    Participant

Where have we moved to ! Another airline ?

Is debate on new 2 + 2 skinny seats finished.

My thread on Extended Breakfast only just begun !

GoonerLondon
    Participant

I tried TAP short haul business recently. They had a great F&B offer, although to be fair you’d have to compare it to BA’s long sector CE routes like Moscow. Several wines to choose from – more than many carriers long haul offer.

NTarrant
    Participant

Sorry Travellator, my fault, I just wanted to draw a comparison of the inconsistancey. When you consider that the flexiable and not quite so flexable fares on domestic are higher than some medium distant Club Europe fares to be offered a biscuit at lunchtime (sorry 1145 flight is not lunch time).

Thank you FrequentTraveller you are so right, when I took the 1210 LGW-MAN I had an early morning meeting an hour train journey to LGW, no sandwiches in the lounge only the remnants of breakfast, didn’t want bags of crisps and biscuits. Arrival at MAN get train for meeting at 1430.

So Travellator what did your breakfast/lunch consist of? My last CE breakfast flight LGW-JER was good as usual as was the return journey chicken salad.

Travellator
    Participant

Extended breakfast consisted of cold cuts – spanish that is, goats cheese and some other stuff I cant remember, travelling back in next few days so will give itemised report then.

Plane leaves AGP at 11.25 so check in bout 9.30 leave apartment 8.30.

SALA VIP lounge is disgrace snacks minimal and over populated by EZY and budget PAX paying in.

Flight leaving arrives LHR arrives LHR at 13.15 so lunchtime – ish !

Used to be hot lunch -we have to connect to BHD so pretty poor.

Anybody remember the EXCEPTIONAL service in Club on LHR/AGP/LHR route provided by GB Airways ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls