BA exEU Sale Now On Until 7 Feb

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

You just need to reset your country to Netherlands/Germany at the top right of the screen to have access to these fares (it will tell you the offer has ended if your settings still identify you as being in the UK):

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/worldoffers/public/en_nl?

€1394 rtn in http://www.newclubworld.com to Dubai seems good value to me.

Senator
    Participant

VK (and all),

I have looked at two tickets to the US; SFO for Easter and Denver in September. For CW, there are some stellar deals for the US West Coast for less than £2000.

I know many UK based BA customers are unhappy with the BA pricing exUK as well as the BAEC Ts&Cs and offers for none-UK members. My personal experience is that home carriers tend to see home markets as captive audience hence, offers vary different. BA is no different to LH in Germany in this regard.

However, there is one offer that seem to be UK only; First. I have not been able to see BA offers exEurope in First that matches the current UK sale in First. The alternative of course, is to buy seperate tickets (example: LHR-ARN and LHR-SFO) and still get a pretty good deal.

Just wanted to mention that European BA customers don’t get all of the best; some is reserved for the UK market only.

pomerol
    Participant

VK

These fares are the same ex. France.

Are these fares applicable to the BAEC Euro offer of 50,000 Bonus BA Miles for a CW return.

Regards

VintageKrug
    Participant

A bump as this sale ends on Monday 7 February, and might be of interest to NorseFlyer.

batraveller2
    Participant

i strongly recommend you do not fly to Denver as that is mixed fleet and so the service will be appalling! it will be like ryan air and it makes no difference if you are in club. I would recommend flying on BA’s early flight (jumbo) and enjoying the upper deck with the proper BA crew and getting on the connecting AA flight.

batraveller2
    Participant

sorry – i meant bas flight to chicago

Potakas
    Participant

Sorry, but i had a BA flight from Pisa, the service on board was the best i ever had.. although I am aware about your mixed fleet flight to Vegas (if i remember correct). BA’s service even in economy is far better than AA’s domestic First,.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Indeed, one Swallow does not a Summer make!

It’s a shame batraveller2’s Mixed Fleet experience wasn’t up to par; however if you’ve ever visited a hotel in its first weeks of opening, you’ll know that things just aren’t as tight as they could be.

There’s no excuse for that, and I don’t think BA should be exposing paying passengers to training “on the hoof” either, but beyond the regulatory requirements, there is an element of routine which is required for things to run smoothly, and it will have taken a few weeks for the MF new intake to gain three or four experiences transatlantic in Club, and once this is the case (as recent reports bear out) things are markedly snappier on the service front, augmented by a genuine feeling of wanting to serve customers, not always present on all flights I take with BA.

Other reports of Mixed Fleet flights elsewhere are very complimentary about the enthusiastic service, and the principal (principle?) gripe was the ridiculously slow (4+ hour) meal service, and this isn’t something reported by others, though it is MF protocol to make the meal service more leisurely to avoid the “push the food out and read the Daily Mail on the crew seat” culture too often present elsewhere.

My planned Club World MF flight was postponed recently for various reasons, but I look forward to experiencing this new onboard team shortly, as well as continuing to (mostly) enjoy the (generally) good service provided by the legacy BA cabin crew.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Bump as this ends tonight (but note if travelling during March you may have received a promo code cutting exUK flights by 15%, in which case exUK may prove better overall value if you do indeed live here).

batraveller2
    Participant

BA’s fares from London are also discounted for periods up until 7 April, although they may not be advertised as such. I think they did it to match Virgin’s offer as the two are very similar, and I got a significantly cheaper flight for a long weekend in New York paying WTP and upgrading to club world.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls