BA Executive Club Silver

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• MarkP1966
    Participant

Email the main man himself – its worked for me with an small issue i had

[email protected]

PJC69
    Participant

If it’s any consolation, the Silver benefits are at best underwhelming and at worst made up promises. Try using the BA “lounge” at LHR T5, ORD, AUH (me, in the last 6 weeks only) and finding a seat – absolutely no chance. Also, try approaching the fast track security lane to avoid a 45 minute queue just to be denied access, and going back to check in where BA just say – “yes, we don’t offer it here” (Faro, June 2019). Give up and use another airline or just set your expectations so low you can’t be disappointed!

My tier collection points year is set to expire next week and I was 5 points shy of retaining Gold (been that since 2006) so had to book the cheapest EU-UK flight yesterday to ensure full tally of points. A little frustrating as booked flights were cancelled during recent strike. However, wasn’t going to attempt or risk ‘negotiation’ with BA to retain Gold status, would rather cough up the little amount of money for the additional 5 points.

Why keep Gold? Simply to use the brilliant First check-in @ LHR because of the efficient security and straight into the lounge. I’m not UK-based, so use this all of the time when connecting through LHR rather than attempt the nightmare that is Flight Connections. Usually about 15mins from de-boarding the first flight to taking a set in the lounge.

Craige
    Participant

I would take two course of action. I would twitter your problem, they dont like that in the public domain and are quick to try and resolve and then i would also email the chairman’s office.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls