BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

KarlMarx – 28/01/2015 16:52 GMT
    Before you make any accusations of racism, you would be wise to consider the inequity of Scottish residents receiving university education for free in Scotland, whilst English and Welsh students have to pay up to £9,000pa to study at those same universities.

Yeah, BA’s Avios programme and Scottish Government policy on education, two sides of the same coin.

bobm
    Participant

I agree with Jazz, I am in the same position with my company where our corporate travel policy is for normal staff to only be able to book the lowest fare. I travel every week across Europe in my role & I have to fight to use BA when making a reservation with our travel providers. There is no regard to loyal customers like me who will go out of their way to book BA flights. I have been a loyal customer since 2000 & feel that I am being slapped in the face by BA. I know we have a choice & my choice over many years has been to fly BA. The new changes are just greed by BA & show that customer loyalty means nothing to them anymore, gone are the days of BA being the Worlds Favourite Airline, all they want to do is cut back on everything. I ask myself if it is now worth fighting with my travel department to fly BA now? I doubt anyone from BA will be looking at this but perhaps we all need to think if BA are worth being loyal to as they certainly do not appear to be loyal to their customers.

Chardie
    Participant

That’s it for me. I won’t be using BA anymore. Do they think we are stupid?

Cwyfan
    Participant

I am confused by the logic of those bleating about the freebee that they are getting from their company paid fares being reduced.

If your company insist on flying the cheapest fare, their policy chose BA, not you, so how do you claim loyalty?

I assume that those living away from LON will in future fly through an EU hub, as it will no doubt be even cheaper and they will get even more freebee…or am I being racist?

Jerome
    Participant

Please can you advise if Tier Points needed to maintain or reach Bronze, Silver and Gold have remained unchanged as 300 for Bronze, 600 for Silver and 1,500 for Gold (was 1,200 up until about 18 months ago). I have hunted the website to see if there has been a change to the number of Tier Points needed for the different status, but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Jerome.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Working through the ramifications of this change and there are two clear directions I feel that some of us are being pushed in: use CE out of LGW more or fly with EZY!

lesmclaren
    Participant

It would make a whole lot more sense and be much fairer especially to customers who are self employed [and I include older customers with many years loyalty to BA who have started their own business rather than retiring] if BA offered the same Tier scheme as Sky Team whereby you can qualify either by tier points earning or number of sectors flown in a year. Much more transparent and easier to administer,

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ lesmclaren – 29/01/2015 16:04 GMT

I don’t believe that either the BAEC Tier Points thresholds have changed or the alternative of number of sectors flown.

lesmclaren
    Participant

If you mean Flying Blue [Sky Team] then you are correct, been 15 sectors for silver / 30 for Gold [gives lounge access] / 60 for Platinum for several years.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Should also have added that Flying Blue [Sky Team] gives Platinum for life after 10 years of qualifying [i.e. 600 flights]. SAS [Star Alliance] also gives gold for life when a threshold plus age qualification is reached. Overall BA is way out of line with best practice and seems hell bent on driving its regular customers to other airlines especially if they only fly short haul on a regular basis.

BigDog.
    Participant

The DT summary…

“British Airways has made sweeping changes to its frequent flyer scheme – and many customers could end up paying a lot more for their ‘free’ flights…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/11377099/British-Airways-slashes-Avios-frequent-flyer-points.html

It also provides tips on making the most of them.

Tirana1
    Participant

My cynicism as to these changes expressed on another thread may have been somewhat misplaced – just redeemed a couple of seats for a half term jaunt which were certainly not available a week ago so the promise of additional capacity being made available for avios redemption would seem to be the case already.

mkcol74
    Participant

@JeromeRuch – no change

KarenGrace
    Participant

As someone has already (very well) said on this post:

Those of you that pay for your own travel have the right to an opinion.

Those of you who are only “loyal” to BA because the company you work for use BA for travel have no right to moan about the benefits you receive (for simply doing your job) are being changed.

I travel for business, but my company pay for me. I don’t live my life obsessing about what colour the piece of plastic hanging from my luggage will be next year. I suggest some of you on this forum do the same.

Nobody gets a flight because they want airline miles or avios or tier points. People catch flights to get to places and presumably, by the title of this website and forum, to do business. Perhaps it was time those of you that are moaning about these changes looked at concentrating more on the work you’re employed to do, rather than the “loyalty” benefits you receive for travelling to do the work in the first place.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls