BA Exec Club -website down

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

I received messages some time ago advising me that there were upgrades planned and that my Avios account would not be accessible for a few days in November as a result. no big deal.

But for me, all exec club access has now been down for over a week. i cannot log on to the system and there is no indication of how much longer this will continue.

Are others suffering the same problem?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes. I can’t use log in through the website, but instead get a message saying that I should log in using the app.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I was going to post yesterday about this, but it wouldn’t speed up the process.

Even logging in with the app, access to redemption of AVIOS is still not possible.

BA had indicated that they planned to have access to the Executive Club resumed by November 17.

It’s now November 20 .. what more can one add ?

#poor #shameful

1 user thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

I was going to post yesterday about this, but it wouldn’t speed up the process.

Even logging in with the app, access to redemption of AVIOS is still not possible.

BA had indicated that they planned to have access to the Executive Club resumed by November 17.

It’s now November 20 .. what more can one add ?

#poor #shameful

Typical and what we have come to expect from BA IT dept unfortunately.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tramor01
    Participant

Yes, me too. I’ve been trying to book an Avios flight for the last few days with no luck.
    I guess they haven’t learned their lesson from past IT issues?

GivingupBA
    Participant

Yes, me too. I’ve been trying to book an Avios flight for the last few days with no luck.
    I guess they haven’t learned their lesson from past IT issues?

IT problems at BA, well, that really is a huge surprise. Who would have thought it? And more to the point, when are they going to learn to straighten their IT act out?

ESKY777
    Participant

The BA IT department was stellar but it does not really exist anymore in the same form. The previous CEO outsourced a lot of the IT to Tata Consultancy Services (and now a the sister company of Air India since its acquisition by Tata). However, if IAG management in Madrid uses Iberia’s website, app or IT as any measure, then BA’s IT systems, even if down for another two months, would still seem wildly superior in comparison

DanielRawson
    Participant

It’s actually embarrassing. This is a global brand and they can’t get their IT systems right.

I’m trying to sort out their error by phone and I just get the message they can’t take calls at the moment. Pathetic.

2 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I found it was out until about Thursday last week, then it was intermittent, and now I cannot get in again. And as DanielRawson just said, their phone system is so overwhelmed they cannot cope and simply ask you to call again later.

Fortunately I was eventually able to get hold of someone at BAEC Gold last week who was very pleasant and helpful about an urgent change, however a relative in USA who is not Gold has had real stresses.

Really poor show and this is causing much anguish especially as people are so desperate to see friends family or key business contacts who they may not have been able to do so in nearly 2 years.

Swissdiver
    Participant

While I got the app message on Friday I think, I could log on tonight, without a problem.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was under the impression ba.com was being upgraded or enhanced. Having a look around this evening, the first message that greeted me was:

“It’s taking us a little longer than expected to get access to all parts of the Executive Club back up and running.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and we’re working as hard as we can to make all the features of your account available soon.”

It appears slower than normal, perhaps the cogs need oiling..

…But can not see anything or notice anything really any different.

Wonder what kept ba.com off air for nearly a week?

Swissdiver
    Participant

OK, I have to amend my post above. BA.com is live on a computer. But it doesn’t work on an iPhone or an iPad. Interestingly if signed in, the app works. But impossible to sign in otherwise.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Frankly it is embarrassing. Trying to add some past flights for a client as we have the ticket details who has enrolled into the Club as he has used them a few times over the last 3 months and unable to process at this time.

BA IT is an utter joke.

ASK1945
    Participant

Last night I was able to book online Avios Business Class flights for next May, using a 241 voucher, without any difficulty.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2021 edition
Business Traveller November 2021 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls